Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Visa

Hello first order of business, ask Mindy day is taking a break this week as I'll be quite busy at work today. Unless of course you don't m ind waiting till tomorrow's post for the answers.

Second order of business. Andrew and I were wondering why visa (as in the card) and visa (as in what you need to travel/work in foreign countries) had the same name.... ie what does "visa" actually mean? Any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thirdly I have decided it takes 2 hours of Survivor to become hooked to series, I watched it last week and I watched it this week, and now I have to know what happens. Luckily it won't be hard for me to find out.

Lastly I just worked out it costs me 15c a kilometre in petrol for my car or $1.41 a day to get to and from work. Which isn't really that bad... cheaper than busing still. And it costs me $3 to get to and from Fenia's house. So I'm still ok with driving for awhile at least.

Have a nice day :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visa: French, short for Latin (carta) vsa, (the document has been) seen, from feminine past participle of vidre, to see

i guess this makes sense with respect to both meanings

Mindy said...

Thanks Amy, very informative. Although it doesn't make quite as much sense with regards to the credit card, but I suppose it sort of does.

Mindy said...

Also Adam, you never said how your inerview went, so I've been worried it didn't go well. I hope that's not the case :-)

Anonymous said...

yes it does
your credit card is evidence of a credit companies authorisation for you to spend their funds
it is just like a credit note of old i suppose which would have been a document to be seen

Mindy said...

Awesome. Good luck getting the job Adam!

Mindy said...

Yeah humph to Nick!

Mindy said...

Maybe in Big Hairy Nick land it's a good thing, but from my point of view it's not!