Thursday, August 11, 2005

Hello

I have the worst headache I've ever had, it started at about 3.30 yesterday went away for awhile. Came back just before I went to bed and then I woke up with it. Plus I seem to be in this strange stage that sometimes happens in my life where if I eat at breakfast I can't keep it down (and no I'm not pregnant). So I feel sick and headachy and I just want to be in bed. But anyway I hope you all are fine... and just so I don't get you down here's a cool story Kirsty sent me, more for the girls than the guys but anyway...

The Perfect Dress

Jennifer's wedding day was fast approaching. Nothing could dampen herexcitement - not even her parents' nasty divorce. Her mother had foundthe PERFECT dress to wear and would be the best dressedMother-of-the-Bride ever!

A week later, Jennifer was horrified to learn that her father's newyoung wife had bought the exact same dress! Jennifer asked her to exchange it, but she refused. "Absolutely not. I look like a millionbucks in this dress, and I'm wearing it", she replied.

Jennifer told her mother who graciously said, "Never mind sweetheart,I'll get another dress. After all, it's your special day."

A few days later they went shopping and did find another gorgeous dress.When they stopped for lunch, Jennifer asked her mother, "Are you goingto return the other dress? You really don't have other occasion whereyou could wear it."

Jennifer's mother just smiled and replied, "Of course I do dear. I'mwearing it to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding!"

---

Oh also I've surprised myself twice in the last week by giving away half of my Bounty Bars. Now Bounty Bars are my favourite chocolate bar ever and I've had two - no three - since Saturday. And I always eat one half first and then save the other half for awhile. Twice now I have given away my second half... which has been incredibly hard to do both times... but I'm sure the people involved appreciate it - you know who you are. So yeah if you want to find out if I love you then a sure way to find out is asking me for the remaining half of a Bounty if I give it to you I definitely love you, if I don't then either I don't love you or I just really really want it! :-)

13 comments:

Mindy said...

I would probably feel better if I'd been drinking because then at least there would be a reason I feel horrible. Right now I have bad nausea and a terrible headache so I bet I feel worse than you (or at least the same. I do appreciate you trying to take a hit for me. Thanks Nick... now that I know your hangover is just for me I feel so much better. :-)

Mindy said...

Oh and I didn't mean to sound sarcastic if that how I sounded. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I am waiting for Kirsty to tell me about the tickets.

At the moment we definitely want 4 (including you), but maybe more...

Could you maybe buy 4 now and maybe others later? Sorry for being a pain!

Thanks,
Andrew

Anonymous said...

Andrew,

The shop will probably only be open for a small window today. I am not sure I will be able to get any tickets at all on account of it being the last night- they have sold out it the past.

I will see what I can do.

Am very excited about Sin City.

Thanks,
Amy

Anonymous said...

You love me, you really love me!

Does anyone know where I can get a wonka caramel swirl chocolate bar on campus?
I WANT MY GOLDEN TICKET!

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Please get 4 tickets. I will not be angry if you cannot. But happy if you do.

Thanks,
Andrew

Mindy said...

Adam, Nick did a very good you impression on Wednesday so it wasn't too bad - but he didn't do any yesterday and that was a bit tough.

Anonymous said...

Do we have tickets Amy?

Anonymous said...

we do
well kinda
they didn't have physical tickets but they took my money and my name and there are four tickets waiting for us on the night :)

Anonymous said...

OK thanks Amy.

You are busy tonight, correct? We are going to see a movie - NOT Sin City.

Mindy said...

How rude! Not inviting me

Anonymous said...

Oh, it was Kirsty's thing.
Besides, you normally snob anything we do.

Kirsty - is Mindy invited?
I think we should.

Mindy said...

Oh whatever, I don't usually snob everything you do, just the things that cost money, or the like.

Oooh and do you and Kirsty owe Amy for War of the Worlds? Maybe.

And I don't want to come anyway.