Thursday, August 11, 2005

Another Update

New update.

Sorry the blog was down for an hour for planned maintenance... nothing to do with me but I guess it was from 1-2.

Anyway my week has turned sour AGAIN. NOT FAIR!

I was driving to have lunch with Konstantin which I had been looking forward to SO much, when my stupid muffler came off my stupid car. (Which was supposed to have been fixed a couple of weeks ago). So of course I don't know anything about cars, and I'm sitting on Memorial Ave wondering what to do, and so I ring my Daddy who is Auckland today who tells me to take the muffler off. Now it is so heartwarming how many people stop and offer assistance when they see a young woman looking puzzled bending under the back of her car. NONE. Bunch of stupid miserable losers. I can't believe that. You Christchurch people SUCK.

So anyway I did get it off myself (because I'm brilliant) although I dropped it on my finger which now really REALLY hurts (I know I know that wasn't quite so brilliant). And then Dad said I could borrow their spare car (I'm very lucky they have spares) and so I drove carefully round the corner to Mum and Dad's to get the Pajero. Now this just refuses to start. I'd been very brave up until this point but then I just did one of my girly sobbing sessions for about 2 minutes. It's not my fault, and I know there was nothing really bad, but just you know one thing after another and then it gets to you. And I'm still not sleeping and I'm missing Darren terribly at the moment. But then I stopped crying and eventually got the car started and washed my hands, and now I'm back at work. The Pajero is so strange to drive, you feel like you're riding an elephant the way if wobbles round. Although it's a lot nicer to drive over the judder bars at work!

And that is the end of my story.

And how in the world does my getting a tattoo affect anyone else!?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, Mindy you're having some bad luck lately! Just letting you know Amy I will be in LA - that's where Disneyland is? - from about 3 to 9 December. Hopefully Greg will be too.

Anonymous said...

Also Mindy where are you getting your next tatoo or is it a surprise?

Mindy said...

Hi Rach! Yup Disneyland is in LA, or close enough anyway. If Amy does end up going and you guys will be there I will seriously consider saving up and taking some leave and going too! Or I just need to convince Dad to go so he can take me with (for cheaper airfares).

Next tattoo - same place as the first but on the other wrist, they're going to be a nice pair, it'll be another kanji symbol, this one will be inochi, the character for life.

Anonymous said...

That would be awesome if you were there too!
The tatoo sounds cool, guess the pain can't be too bad if you're going back for more.

Anonymous said...

matching wrists
pathetic

Anonymous said...

your tattoo affects me greatly mindy. when i bring home some strong catholic say liechenstein prince to meet my family he will think that we are all dodgy

call me a snob if you will

Mindy said...

They are not dodgy tattoos! And I will cover them up if you bring a prince home I promise. Besides I've already got one, so he'll already think we are dodgy.

And Thomas you are not very nice.

Anonymous said...

i think thomas makes a fair point mindy.
people don't wear matching braclets do they?

i resented the first tattoo too minnie

why don't you just dye your hair or something?

Mindy said...

What the ?? How is dying your hair equivalent to getting a tattoo. And I've already dyed my hair so I'm very confused.

And Thomas makes a mean and completely unjustified comment. They aren't going to be the same, just matching - just like my two arms match. Does Thomas think my arms are pathetic? Probably. Does he think my ears are pathetic? I like balance and symmetry personally, and if I had two bracelets the same I would wear them.

Anonymous said...

thomas is mean sometimes mindy