Sunday, August 21, 2005

Morning Tea Time

Yay! I'm drinking a lovely hot chocolate.

I had a great weekend! Well it was great, but also kind of sad. On Friday I hung out with Darren, we watched Lara Croft. Which was good, as usual. I never mentioned but a week or a few weeks ago we watched Robocop which was pretty funny, as I'd never seen it.

Saturday I slept in :-) It was wonderful. Then Mum and I went to an auction just for fun, of a house. It was pretty interesting as I'd seen thousands on TV and stuff but never been to one in real life. The house was bought, for $637,500 which was quite a lot I thought. It was hard to believe the people there putting up their hands were in effect spending $600,000!

Then I picked up Lara from the airport. And we had Wonka bars, but neither of us won the golden ticket which was extremely disappointing as we'd already gone to the effort of making a deal that we would share the prize should we win. And I dropped her off to see her Dad, who is not very well at the moment (that is the sad part) but it was so nice to see Lara.

And I got to see Bridget as well (who went back to Nelson yesterday). The flat, Amy and Bridget went out for dinner to this Mexican restaurant which was nice, but they didn't give us much time to eat. Then we got out a dvd (Monster's Ball) and went to Mum and Dad's house to watch it and eat cheesecake, well more of a chocolate moussey thing really. (The reason we went to Mum and Dad's is because they have a movie theatre room, with Amy's projector in it). I enjoyed the movie, although the running commentary from my fellow viewers which made speical note of fake breasts and hairy butts was a little distracting, and did remove from the seriousness of the plot ;-) It was still good though.

On Sunday I mowed the lawns and planted some poppy seeds. And replanted some of my oregano plants. Also I got to see Lara again! We walked in the park and had an icecream. Well I had a milkshake and she had an icecream. And then I went to see Darren's family which was really fun. Jesse (Darren's nephew who is almost 3) is really stringing his sentences together now and it's so cute. We played cars - which mostly involved filling each car up with petrol from his little toy petrol pump, and hide and seek - which really just involved ducking behind a wall, or door then jumping out and saying boo! I really miss little kids. I've been around them my whole life with younger sisters and cousins. But now my littlest cousin is 6 or 7 I think so Jesse is the only toddler I ever get to see. Oh well. I think one of my cousins should do the decent thing and hurry up and have a bastard child for me to play with occasionally. Come on, it's not that much to ask!

Then Darren and I went out for dinner. I love going out for dinner with him. Because so often when we're together we're just plonked infront of a movie or the TV and it's nice being face to face and talking about random stuff for ages. Then we watched CSI something which I never watched before, for some reason I've always avoided those programs, but I actually really enjoyed it.

Ok that's what happened in my life. Hope yours is good too!

:-) Love from Little Miss Mindy

13 comments:

Mindy said...

Mental note: Invite Nick to stuff frequently as he is fun to hang out with drinking or not.

Should've invited you to watch the movie on Saturday night, I guess I'll just have to start texting ya, I mean I forget it is free (well practically) I just always imagine you're already busy. But even if you can only make it once every 20 times that'd still mean we'd get to see more of each other :-)

Mindy said...

Yeah you do.

I forgot Jesse and I also counted the wheels on a good number of his cars. Almost all of them had 4!

LaraCroft said...

Monster's Ball is on my list of movies I want to see. So I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Work is slow today cos I don't have a lot to do.

I haven't taken a lunch break yet though so I'm going to go for a short walk shortly and that will be really exciting! It was so good to see you too in the weekend Mindy. and Nick - you are fun to hang out with, and I think I've seen you more when you haven't been drinking than when you have. If you ever want to come up to Auckland, I'd love to do something with you! You'd just have to book that flight first, and make sure I'm going to be here...

Mindy said...

Well I haven't seen it. But I will be seeing it on Thursday... fingers crossed. So I will love it then. I am sure I will really like it.

Mindy said...

Yes I am sweet and very lovely, but also remember my favourite movie in Desperado... which is not sweet or lovely. Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill are also amoung my favourites and they are also not sweet and lovely. So I think I can handle it. I mean Amy loved it, and she cringes every time she sees my tattoo.

Mindy said...

Well Nick, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I put it down to both the same things, although too much weight loss is the major factor I believe. If you look at her in Wild Wild West and look at the size of her waist it is ridicuolously small, and not at all attractive in my opinion and she must have been a similar size for Once Upon a Time.

Antonio looked just as good to me, but I must honestly say Johnny Depp distracted me somewhat.

But she was stunning in Desperado - actually I might change my answer to the threesome thing to her in Desperado instead of Lara Croft.

What else can I say about Desperado - um what's your favourite scene? Mine is either the one in the bar where everyone dies, or the one with him and his two friends and their guitar case guns.

Anonymous said...

I fully agree with you. Samlma Hayek looked heaps better in the first movie.

I think antonio was shadowed by the sheer brilliance that is my johnny in once upon a time.

I think the direction style did change. The movies had a different feel to them to. I think maybe salma and antionio weren't as great as their characters were not as developed. attraction is not all about looks

LaraCroft said...

I am not impressed. Passed over for Salma Hayek.

Mindy said...

I'm sorry. You do both have great breasts, but she's just a little more curvier than you ;-) Plus I get the feeling you'd be pretty agressive and domineering in bed. (These comments are actually directed towards the fictional Lara Croft character - don't want anyone to freak out).

Mindy said...

It does reflect very well. I have neither, although I had Desperado on video which I bought before DVDs were invented - so I guess that reflects on the longevity of my Desperado admiration. Amy has both. And also El Mariachi the first one. But that just reflects that she copies me a lot.

Anonymous said...

i don't like desperado cause you like it minnie. i may have seen it as you liked it (i think i would have seen it by now anyway).

i think our general tastes have diverged somewhat of late

Mindy said...

I know Ame, I was just hassling ya :-)

Anonymous said...

Search continues for 2005 great American novel
As the fall season approaches, the book world is still searching for this year's great American novel.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a peace love happiness site. It pretty much covers
peace love happiness related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)