Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Answers

1. Why is it that some guys are able to walk straight up to strange women with no ill effect and others get completely shot down? (BHN)

Well it probably depends a lot on the guy and a lot of the girl. Probably mostly on the girl. And on her mood. And on the context of her day. For example if I was out and I'd been hit on by 6 sleazy guys and was sick of my butt getting slapped I'd probably shoot down the next guy who approached me, quite severely. Not fair on him, I know, but that's life. Whereas if I was having a lovely evening with friends, and hadn't been pestered or violated yet, and someone politely approached me it would be probably be fine. This is all of course assuming I was single, now I shoot down everyone ;-)

2. What is the worst thing a guy has ever said to you? (BHN)

Well I should exclude things yelled at me in the middle of heated arguments. But the worst thing a guy who I didn't really know has said to me... actually I can't remember the exact wording but there was this gross Aussie guy at the Bog once, and he was being way too intimate for my comfort, so just before getting rid of him I decided to try and distract him and asked him if he was enjoying NZ, he said he was but he wished the girls weren't all such prudes. I left very promptly after that. And also the worst pick up line ever used was this gross Brazillian guy who was telling me how he's been in New Zealand for awhile and he really needed to kiss a kiwi girl. He was actually scarey as shortly after that he started overpowering my physcially, and Lara had to twist his arm behind his back to get him to let me go. Anyway.

3. Ok there here is a question for you, what proportion of the male population is bars would grab your ass as they are trying to chat you up? (BHN)

Ok that's easy. Very small percentage. Probably that Aussie guy did it. But otherwise I don't think it's happened. People smack your ass as you walk past - and I guess if you then turned and encouraged them with a smile they might try and chat you up, but they wouldn't touch your ass while doing it. Of course the whole thing is different if you are dancing while being chatted up. But even then it would only be a small sleazy percentage that would go for the ass without clear signals that it's ok to do so (and by clear signals, that'd mean some skanky dancing on the girl's part, or maybe the girl touching the guy's ass first, or maybe kissing or somthing). So yeah in my experience guys don't go for the ass unless dancing, and only when the nature of dancing has implied that it's ok.

4. Name one real and one imaginery person who you would want to have a threesome with (Amy)

Um ok. Weird question to come from Amy I must say, and maybe other people would like to answer this one too. Anyway real person would be Darren and the imaginary person would be Lara Croft.

5. Would you rather give or recieve? (BHN)

It depends entirely on what you're talking about, but generally I'd have to say I'd rather give. Except for foot massages, I'd rather get one of those. And also I'd rather get a Bounty Bar than give one away, although when I go manage to give one to someone I do get warm fuzzies when I realise I care about that person enough to sacrifice the delicious coconutty sweetness and smooth chocolate that is a bounty bar.

6. Have you ever grabbed a guys ass first? (BHN)

Yes.

7. Why is it that work goes slowly sometimes when you're enjoying yourself there? But not sufficiently enjoying yourself to be glad it was going slowly? (Lara Croft)

Well Lara, I must say this happens to me often. And I don't know the answer. I guess there is no real reason, because sometimes work goes quickly when you're enjoying yourself, and sometimes it goes quickly when you're not enjoying yourself. It must be influenced a bit by emotional factors too.

8. Why is that sometimes it's not what people say but their tone of voice that's really upsetting? (Lara Croft)

Because their tone puts a whole new meaning on what they are saying. You can say the nicest thing in the world and say it in a horrible voice and it becomes a horrible thing to say. Also some people (like you and me) and more sensitive to things like tone body language than other people are - that just makes us cooler and experience things on a deeper level.

9. Why do is it so hard not to cry sometimes? (Lara Croft)

Because it just is. And that's ok :-) Sometimes you just have to cry and let yourself be irrational for a minute or five and then once you've finished work hard on improving your outlook on whatever situation you found yourself crying about.

10. What causes bowel cancer? (Lara Croft)

I don't know Lara. I'm really sorry. You are only supposed to ask me questions I know the answer to, or it will be funny if I make up an answer, or I can give my opinion on. But I'm sorry I don't know what causes bowel cancer. Maybe just bad luck.

11. Why is it that 62 seems old when they look like David Lange, and you think 'oh they're old, it's natural to die' but when it's your Dad it seems so young? (Lara Croft)

Personally I thought David Lange looked a lot older than 62 - like he looked the same age or older than my Grandad I think and he is seventy-something - so that might be why you and me may think it was natural and not before his time. But really I think 62 is young for anyone. Also it is the way you perceive your Dad. He's always going to be your Dad first, and his age second, I don't even know how old my Dad is. You just peceive ages of people you know in different ways. Like Darren sister Kelly is his little sister, so I feel like she's younger than me. But she's actually older than me.

12. Why am I so indecisive? (Lara Croft)

Because you are an optimist and so many different options often look appealing to you, whereas a more negative person may find it easier to instantly rule out things.

13. And finally, why do I never know any answers at pub quizzes even though I read a lot? (Lara Croft)

Because pub questions don't come out of the books you read. Hehe. Actually I still have no idea how you got to be 21 and not know who Hugh Heffner was!

14. Why is it that when girls are drunk they think they can get away with so much more? (like biting) (BHN)

I think it's probably more that they are too inhibited to do it sober, and so when they're drunk they lose their inhibitions a little. Also doesn't everyone think they can get away with so much more when they're drunk.

15. Why do women fish for compliments? (BHN)

Well I can only speak for myself. But I love compliments! Also I'm insecure. But I do know men who fish for compliments too though. But I will admit for some women it's second nature - and fishing for compliments is like manipulation 101 or something and I do think in general women are more manipulative.

16. How can women bawl their eyes out and then be completely fine after that... like it didn't happen at all? (BHN)

Because crying makes you feel better. Because you let yourself be irrational for a minute or two and that's when the tears come. Then you have to move on with life and start thinking rationally again. Like last week when I was having my car problems, and Dad's car just wouldn't start. So I started bawling. Then composed myself again and tried the car a few more times and it worked. Women just need to be allowed to be completely irrational and run totally on emotion every now and then. However, I will say that sometimes I do bawl my eyes out and it takes me days to get back to normal, although that wouldn't be about a car.

17. Why is getting your ass grabbed so much better than your breasts? (BHN)

Because ass grabbing is inappropriate, but breast grabbing is way more inappropriate. The breasts are more intimate than the ass. Like you might be dancing with someone and it's natural for them to put their hands on your butt, but breast touching is usually reserved for sexual partners, not just random guys in bars. Although some women may not agree.

18. Who has the best voice in rock n roll? (now i don't mean who's songs do you like the best, i mean who has the best voice) (BHN)

Awesome question. I will need to think about this at length. Straight off the top of my head I would say Robert Plant. But then of course it depends on personal preference. I will think about this and let you know if I change my mind.

19. Why is it that you can have nothing to do ALL day and then just before you have to go somewhere all this work appears out of no where? (BHN)

Shit happens.

20. Oh and lastly was Snufelupicus really Big Birds imaginary friend? (BHN)

No he was real!

21. Is it vain when you come up with a joke and then absolutely crack up over it all lunch time because you think it is absolute gold? (Andrew)

No, you're really funny, you probably just couldn't help but crack up. To try and stop yourself would be an exercise in futility.

22. What i ment by "Why is it that when girls are drunk they think they can get away with so much more?" was that women get real manipulative and evil and try stuff on so much more when they are drunk. Such as fishing for compliments, getting guys to but them drinks, leading guys on then throwing them away when it gets too intimate, physically hitting and biting... etc. Now i know your thinking that you would never do most of that but the fact is that whether its PDA or behaving badly, women on the whole seem to think that as they have had a few drinks they can get away with so much more and guys won't get annoyed... why is that? (BHN)

Physically hitting guys I haven't done, but probably all the rest I have. But not to be evil. And if dancing with someone but then getting rid of them when they try and stick their hands down your pants is leading them on then I don't care if it is considered evil. I think you should be able to dance with someone without feeling violated. But to answer your question it I guess it might not be so much that girls are drunk, but that they're out on the town and so those things don't happen in other situations apart from sleazy bar situations or party situations. And also if they are drunk they probably won't be thinking as clearly as they would be otherwise.

23. How come no one else talked to snuffelupicus then? (BHN)

Didn't they? I don't remember? I'm sure I saw some of the humans talk to him.

24. Why are there so many more male rock singers than female? (BHN)

Well I know people will disgree with me but I don't really like female vocalists on rock songs. I think they sound silly. I just don't like listening to it as much as a male's voice.

25. How do you know if a girl is interested in you if she's all the way on the other side of the bar? (BHN)

She will move closer. So either you take the risk and just go talk to her, or you move a bit closer, and see if she does the same.

26. Whats the worst thing you've seen a girl do to a guy? (BHN)

Just be a completely irrational bitch and holding up him and a big group of his friends because of a tantrum she was throwing.

27. What is the worst thing you've seen a guy do to a girl? (BHN)

Pick her up and throw her down to the ground.

28. and lastly what is your favourite fruit? (BHN)

Oranges, but they're too much effort so sometimes pears.