Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Sewing

Ok so I was trying to keep this all a secret as I was going to give one of my embroidery pieces to Amy and Tom as a housewarming present but I've since decided that it would be much more sensible to take it home with me instead of posting it (being that there's glass in the frame etc) and I can't keep a secret for that long sooooooo I can share pictures of the embroideries I've done. I will probably still give them one the surprise will just be now which one! I've actually been very happy with how they've turned out in the frames, it was well worth getting the mounts made for them - it makes all the difference.

So here's the first one it's from a book called "Small Scale Embroidery: In Cross Stitch and Other Techniques" by Brenda Keyes which is a really nice book, I'm actually in the middle of another cross stitch from that book and I'm planning to do one other one from it as well.
 


The second one is one I made up the design for myself with elements borrowed from other designs, and it's a bit hard to tell but actually has some gold thread in it too.  I don't like the frame on this one as much but it doesn't look too bad until you compare it to how much nicer the first frame looks! (I bought the nicer frame second).


Oh I just realised you don't get a good feel for the size of these, they are both really small the first design is 2 1/4 inches square and the second 3 inches square. Also these are know as blackwork where the design is made not from doing cross stitches but just by stitching the design with no or little filling using back stitch.

Ok that's all for now.

Bye!!

1 comment:

amy said...

awww they are so pretty! I really like the one you designed yourself- such a nice design. Either one will look lovely in our wee place