Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Almond Roca

Well I'm in love. With food. Again. Not food I made myself this time though. I love food. Anyway a colleague at work went away I'm guessing to America and bought back this "candy" for us all to try a piece. I bit into it and it was love at first bite. It's hard to describe - I'm not sure this would have the same kind of impact on anyone else in the world it may just be a personal thing but I thought these were amazing! It was like toffee that didn't break your teeth or stick in your teeth either. It was almost like a biscuit to bite but so much better than a biscuit. And it was gorgeously buttery and had chocolate round the outisde and it all just went together perfectly! I sat there having enjoyed it then had to get up and go and check the packet and find out some more info. So I found out they were Almond Roca Buttercrunch for Brown and Hayley


Of course in the back of my mind as I was eating it was "hmmm how am I going to find out how to make this stuff!". So next time I want a challenge I can pull this one out of my pot of challenges I've got in the back of my mind.

In other news I solved something which had been a real mystery to me. Everyday I noticed as I was exiting the female changing room and walking towards the building exit to go for my lunchtime run that my thumb hurt and was rubbed red. I wracked my brain trying to figure out what could be causing this! I could not think of anything... until the other day I caught myself in the act so to speak. i.e. I realised how I was hurting my thumb while doing it... can ya guess? It was putting my shoe on I was using my thumb like a shoe horn. Hehe ok so that wasn't very interesting but I must say it was a huge relief to me to get to the bottom of it.

xxx
Mindy

No comments: