Friday, October 24, 2008

Froggies!

Time for another batch of cupcakes! This time I wanted to do something really cute and I was thrilled when Marie at work volunteered her children to try my cute kiddie cupcakes - it was really nice working with an actual audience in mind. So I went to the lolly section of the supermarket for inspiration and found some great little toadstool lollies, I painted some spots on them and they looked brilliant, but I needed something else to go with them so I thought what goes with toadstools - froggies! So then I got to work and made some little froggies. Not the best executed fondant sculpting in the world, but it was my first go! Anyway the little froggies were made - and I must say for some reason Darren loved them - he hid some in the kitchen and wouldn't tell me where they were, only that they were "watching me".


Then it was time to make the cupcakes. I used the delicious white velvet recipes from How To Eat A Cupcake - I think I'll probably go through all those recipes before I try somewhere else. Anyway the cupcakes were made and I spent a day thinking about how to do the decoration - before eventually deciding to drop the toadstools and just have the frogs on lilypads. So now I have a whole bunch of toadstools to use later! I might make gnomes for them one day.

Anyway here's some piccies:


The white egg looking blobs are supposed to be lillies - anyway I decided they needed something else so I added some reeds... and here's the finished product:


And here is my evil fiance enjoying a cupcake:



xxx
Mindy

No comments: