Saturday, October 04, 2008

Day at Alton Towers

Well Darren and I had an awesome awesome day at Alton Towers today. To be honest I wouldn't say it's the best amusement park in the world, but it was very unique. Of course I'm not an expert at all - I've been to Rainbow's End a couple of times, Disneyland and Dreamworld but when I was much younger. I think the difference about Alton Towers was there was a hunking great big castle right in the middle of it - seriously.


Complete with absolutely stunning grounds - some of them even didn't have terrified screaming people hurtling through them:


It was an incredibly cold and often raining day but to be honest I don't think we would have enjoyed it as much if it hadn't been - as I'm sure the weather played a big part in keeping the queues down. We only had to wait for half an hour a couple of time.

The good big rides there were quite honestly great! My favourite was Oblivion which was similar to the ride at Rainbow's end where you just drop down that pole really really quickly, the difference with this one was you were facing down at the time, staring a a big smokey hole you were about to plunge very rapidly into. It was great. Darren's favourite was Rita which was also very good - it was pretty much just like a normal roller coaster, except A LOT faster. It was awesome. 

Here is a nice picture of Darren at the Park:


I found it interesting because I don't likie these things at all until I'm actually on them! Like to be honest I was a little nervous about going and having a horrible day. And man was I really nervous before our first ride (Rita) but I loved it! Oh! But Darren is horrible, this other ride Nemisis, you are sitting down suspended and we were in the queue and got to the point where you had to decide if you wanted to queue for more time to get to sit up the front, or go in the normal queue. And Darren quite literally dragged me into the front queue! It was wicked though. You see like I said I think I don't like this type of thing but really I do.

Finally here's a cheesy rollercoaster shot for y'all:


I'll put some more photos up on facebook in due time. But you'll find Darren puts a much fuller selection up normally on his bebo - you'll have to get him to add you as a friend but he's a friendly guy so I'm sure that won't be a problem.

xxx
Mindy

1 comment:

amy said...

There is a castle in the middle of disneyland mindy. I can't believe you don't remember it- it's bright pink! ;-)

that place looks like heaps of fun! What do you reckon the chances are of me convincing tom to take me when we are in the uk (actually probably, a lot better than him ever going to disneyland with me)