Thursday, October 16, 2008

More Cupcake Stuff

Ok well I know if you don't like cupcakes you won't find this interesting. But really. Who doesn't like cupcakes. Who doesn't like ganache for that matter! So the other day I said I'd post my recipe for the frosting I put on my chocolate mud cakes and so here it is. This is rough as I like making things up as I go - especially with something like frosting - butter, chocolate, cream how can you go too wrong!


White Chocolate Ganachy Mousse Frosting:

200ml double cream
225g white chocolate
60g butter
2 Tbsp icing sugar

  1. Put chocolate 1/3 cup cream (about 60ml) and butter into a double boiler and stir until melted and smooth
  2. Cool chocolate mixture to room temp
  3. Whip the remaing cream
  4. Little by little fold the chocolate mixture to the whipped cream adding the icing sugar while doing this to keep it stiff
  5. If its too runny to be pipable refridgerate until it is whisking it up when you take it out of the refridgerator - it will get very hard so you just need to be patient and refridgerate it till it's the consistency you want to work with.
That's all.

Now Darren has been spoiled with cupcakes lately and wanted some for desert - I had a whole bunch sitting there to take to London in the weekend so I felt kinda bad he wasn't allowed to eat those. Also I had left over chocolate from the mud cake cuppys that was burning a hole in my pantry so I whipped him up two with a recipe I totally made up on the spot and couldn't remember it if I tried - so I won't bother. But I did make them look pretty and put delicious frosting on them - again I made it up on the spot and can't remember - it was ganache based though with an egg white in it.

Here's my pretty picture! Well here's my pretty cupcake - I need someone to teach my how to take better photos of my baking... Lyndy Loo I need you!



xxx
Mindy

1 comment:

amy said...

Yum! That icing looks so good and I love the little pink flowers! :)