Thursday, October 09, 2008

New Zealand, Parents, and Alton Pics


Ok so I thought I'd talk briefly about how awesome New Zealand is. I have absolutely loved being here and getting to do the stuff that I've got to do but I am getting really really really excited about going back to New Zealand. What do I love about New Zealand... everything! What do I miss about it? Well lots, I miss the buildings and especially the houses, the fact that so many houses have decent sized gardens, and with the exception of state housing areas all the houses look different from each other and are all different colours. I miss marmite. I miss all the interesting people and cultures we have there. I miss the frosty Christchurch mornings followed by beautiful sunny winter days. I miss the sea. I miss being able to hop in a car and being able to get to the beach, or the mall, or the city centre, within 20 minutes. I really miss the people I think. BUT I do fit in well here with English manners and that kind of thing, I like the slightly higher level of politeness they have here.

Anyway also I wanted to say that having spent quite a bit of time with collegues in meetings lately I love how parents act with their kids. Well the parents at work anyway. I love how they happily reject calls on their cellphone from everyone, but if it's their kids calling they always answer. I love how domestic problems warrant excusing themselves from a meeting when not much else would. It reminds me of my Dad and all his meetings I've interrupted in my life. I hope I can be like that when I'm a parent :) 

Lastly here are some more Alton Tower pics, as everyone likes pictures!

This is the entrance to the queue for Rita, and also it is a photo of me:

This is Nemesis, you can see how you're hanging in your seat, this was the one Darren and I were right up the front of the ride for:


This is air, where you sort of are in a lying down position a lot of the time you're hanging face down.

And finally this is me having a great time on the carasole - look how pretty my horsie is!

Ok time for me to go and eat porridge and watch Farscape now! Gotta love Farscape. By the way Aeryn Sun is so much hotter than Vala Mal Doran.

xxx
Mindy

2 comments:

amy said...

Ok, I guess you are in Straffordshire. Do I win or are we not playing the guess where Mindy is game anymore?

Hey I won a cd yesterday! I can't even remember entering the competition. Tom and I each already have a copy of it though but Tom tells me he's keen for a third.

LaraCroft said...

I think I would make either a) everyone on the rides deaf as I screamed or b) the ride operators go out of business as terror would make me climb out at the most inappropriate moment and then I'd plummet to the ground.

Assuming anyone tricked me into going on these in the first place. I mean, a rollercoaster that's fairly normal, I might be able to handle. But the hanging things??? Ask Karthik about Rainbow's End.

Oh and I saw The Butterfly Effect on Sunday. And then I couldn't sleep.