Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Look at what my baby did!

Wow I am so proud today. Last night I was working on this week's cupcake decorations which of course Darren wanted to eat. Poor boy was dismayed when I told him not only could he not eat them, but I wasn't even going to make the cupcakes that they were going to adorn until later in the week. I suggested he did some baking himself. To my surprise he agreed - well said he would - I was dubious.

I shouldn't have doubted him I came home to the delicious smell of baked goods and 7 delicious looking chocolate muffins sitting on the bench. I must admit I was a little worried that doing something like baking all by himself without any advice may not provide the most perfect results (no reflection on Darren I just know how much I had to rely on Mum the first times I baked, and still do if I'm cooking something new I haven't cooked before). But he did really well. And to put his own touch on them I think the batch had a whole block of Cadbury Caramello crammed into them. Yum!



If this sort of behaviour keeps going I won't be baking my own birthday cake next year!

xxx
Mindy

1 comment:

LaraCroft said...

Yum :) I would like to offer sincere congratulations to Darren.