Monday, October 20, 2008

Christening Cupcakes

On Sunday my cousin's baby was Christened (and looked adorable) and I helped celebrate by making cupcakes (any excuse!) After many attempts at finding the perfect lemon cupcake recipe I think I found it- the Lemon Poppyseed Recipe in Hello Cupcake! So good, it rose, it was light and airy and was still really yummy after spending the night in the fridge. I didn't include the poppyseeds for looks.

Here are the poppyseeds on my new cupcake plate filled with lemon curd- yum!

I made my first swiss meringue buttercream. I made it with meringue powder as I'm a little concerned with raw eggs in NZ- it was really yummy although it was pretty tricky to set, it ended up in the fridge for a bit. It was very very late by the time I got round to icing so no piping but I had previously made white chocolate flowers for the top so you couldn't see the icing anyway. I find working with chocolate can be quite frustrating but once it's set it always looks pretty good :)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Oh they look so pretty Amy! Those flowers are perfect :) Mum also said your icing was amazing too. I can't wait till we can bake together!