Wednesday, October 08, 2008

France and Cupcakes vs Muffins

Hello it's me! I went to France for two nights, so Amy was right that's why I didn't write the last two days but cheers to Amy for keeping the momentum going! Anyway I got a bit confused when I logged onto my blog as I saw a post that I hadn't written. So to make it more obvious who is writing each blog we're going to copy Adam and Nick's page because they have the very smart idea of putting a picture at the start of the blog of the person who is writing the blog. That's why there's the really pretty picture of Amy on her blogs now. I don'thave as many cool or funny pictures as Nick and Adam unfortunately but they are just two really funny guys.

So I left for Paris on Sunday night, got there late, had a nice dinner with two work collegues, got to bed late, woke up not too early, train to Nancy, had a long day at work, back to the hotel room for 20 minutes quick call to D-brain, out for dinner with same people from meeting, back to hotel late and to bed, up early back to office for more meetings, train back to Paris, another meeting (just as an observer this time), train to airport, airport for HOURS (plane delayed) plane back to East Midlands, 1.5 hours later after drive back to Doncaster arrived home. 10.30pm Tuesday night. All this equals very very exhausted Mindy! So it's weird Mum asked me how was France - well it was nice being in France but it's not like you get to really make much of the opportunity. We did have nice meals both nights though.

So I'm working from home today (just taking a morning break now actually) and at lunchtime I think I'm going to make cupcakes. Yum! I think I might just make the same recipe as last time though I am still undecided. Tomorrow's post will reveal my final decision. This cupcake making venture is primarily because I want to try out the fancy silicone cupcake cases I bought (I bought some for Kirsty face for her birthday and had to get some for myself, especially after my first batch of squarish cupcakes), vand also because I feel like it.

Question: I have been looking at a lot of cupcake websites at the moment and have come across something that baffled me. Well lets step back for a moment I did have a wee pondering in my head when I first started thinking about cupcakes and that was, what is the difference between a cupcake and a muffin. Well I'm not sure if there's an official distinction but the way I settled that one in my head was a cupcake was really just a cup sized cake whereas a muffin is more likely to be bit-ty and have a rougher texture and interesting things in it. I would have liked to say cupcakes come in cases and muffins don't but very often muffins you buy do come in cases. Oh and one other distinction is cupcakes are iced whereas muffins aren't as much, unless they are those yummy moro bar muffins with the big splodge of cream cheese icing on them. Yum! 

Anyway so I was pretty happy that cupcakes and muffins both existed in their own right and were distince entities. Then I came across savoury cupcakes. Now I'm sorry but to me these are just muffins. Even if they have a creamy cheesy "frosting" they are still just muffins. That's my two cents anyway.... thoughts?

Ok this wasn't particularly interesting, sorry but I am tired!

See you tomorrow with cupcake piccies hopefully!

xxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey cool we got mentioned on Mindy's Blog! Thanks Mindy! You've inspired me to be a better person and/or update our website more often.

Unknown said...

And/or eat more muffins.