Thursday, May 05, 2005

TGIF!

RHCP Lyric of the Day: Walking on your tiptoes, don't try no doze, you'd better stay away from those that play around a firehose.

cellass

For some reason whenever I'm trying to think of a new lyric of the day the first thing that comes into my head is "look and see and I think you'll agree, nobody weird like me"... maybe that should be interpreted somehow. Anyway I'm not sure if I've used it or not but I thought I'd better think of another one - and despite this one actually being a Bob Dylan lyric, it is from one of my favourite RHCP covers ever so it stays.

Anyway I don't think there's anything special about today at all. Nope, can't think of a thing!

Last night went out for desert with Kim, Rach, Helen, and Michiko and it was lovely! Nice to see everyone as it had been awhile. Also hugs to Kirsty for today (no doubt you will notice her absence from the blog over the next week or so).

Yay enjoy the last day of the working week everyone!

:-) M

ps I'd like to encourage anonymous people not to be so anonymous ;-) you know who you are... and you know that we know who you are... so if you're tempted to be anonymous, for gods sake, just pretend to be Amy instead (coz that really annoys her!) or take on the persona of some aggressive animal, or even an inanimate object (shout out to TSauce!).

pps Monty Python quotations are strongly encouraged to be coordinated into comments (shout out to Killer Chicken and his/her not so worthy opponent Killer Sparrow).

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE MOUSE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE MOUSE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE MOUSE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE MOUSE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE MOUSE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE MOUSE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE MOUSE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE MOUSE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE MOUSE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE MOUSE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE MOUSE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINNIE MOUSE

Mindy said...

Thanks Amy! I can just tell that that is the real Amy (it's a sister thing). And thanks Elfman!

I hope you're enjoying the nice mild day I organised for everyone to enjoy today!

Mindy said...

Well I haven't got too much so far...

The playdoh on Wednesday night from Kirsty and Andrew (pink, yellow and blue in a zoo set with all these cool animal ears and stuff)

A lovely lovely book, and a game and earring from Lara (thanks Lara!)

And a few cards and bits and pieces... I go home tonight and see Mum and Dad and pick up my new bmw I hope!

Mindy said...

Woot! Now we know who anonymous is!
The mysteries of my blog are almost solved!
All that is left to figure out is

- Whether there is another posing as anonymous?
- Who is killer chicken?
- Who is killer sparrow?
- And while we're on the subject what is it these birds claim to kill?
- Who is blue Amy?
- Who is black Amy?
- Is the real Amy the real Amy?
- Is the real Andrew the real Andrew?
- Why on earth are food such as Oatmeal and Tomato Sauce commenting on a blog?
- And is Boris the Ostrich really and Ostrich or a cleverly reconstructed camel? <- Ding ding! Monty Python quote!

Mindy said...

Also let it be known around the land. I, Melinda Marshall, am having a party (not just to get free alcohol off Nick, but it did remind me) And in reading this you have already legally contracted to attend this party, wearing... your pajamas! (Sorry it's too late you can't get out of it now)

At this stage it it planned for June 10th but that is under negotiation (with whomever of you choose to negotiate, but please note the pajamas are not negotiable).

Mindy said...

It is indeed, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Adam! Are you wearing pants? I'm dying to know...

ps Submit to my terror!!

Anonymous said...

It is I... Killer Chicken!

My chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... my two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency

Now where is my unworthy arch rival Killer Sparrow? Show yourself!

ps Have you considered just taking off your underpants?

Anonymous said...

Hey Boris! Oatmeal was right, you are a dork. DORK!

Also maybe you could fly if your ass wasn't so fat.

Rah! Squawk!

Mindy said...

Hi it's me!

Woo hoo, I hear you all cheer.

Anyway just to update I went to Northlands for lunch with Andrew and bought myself some earrings and the lady thought we were a couple which is funny. Because we're not. And also because we're cousins.

Also it's still my birthday... yay!

Bye!

Anonymous said...

killer sparrow waits in the wings
killer sparrow is watching for the optimal time for attack

killer sparrow is stealth
killer sparrow is all knowing
killer sparrow is invincible

Anonymous said...

Ah ah!

Killer Sparrow your empty threats don't scare me you pint sized piece of ant's droppings.

You're waiting in your Mummy's wings aren't you, quivering with fear at the terror that is Killer Chicken!

Anonymous said...

be prepared killer chicken because nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

Anonymous said...

Well my three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... My four...no... amongst my weapons.... amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise....

Mwa ha!

Mindy said...

Yay! Kirsty is doing ok! :-)

Anonymous said...

kirsty,
you mean that killer chicken is a mere human!

I am killer sparrow. I am invincible