Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Answers

1. Why is Larry so Happy? (Amy)

Dear Amy, Lara is thought to refer to an Australian boxer, Larry Foley, who lived from 1847 to 1917. It's said that he was never defeated, retired as a champion, was relatively well off and lived to 70. I guess he was pleased with his life's outcome! The phrase "Happy as Larry" is thought to originate in Australia or New Zealand around that time, although the first official record of it was by a New Zealand writer named G L Meredith, who wrote in about 1875: "We would be as happy as Larry if it were not for the rats". This doesn't discount the theory about Larry Foley, but it is possible there is another explanation.

2. Why does everyone like Carl? (Andrew)

Dear Andrew, Everyone likes Carl because his name reminds them of the name Carlos, and everyone loves Carlos who is my Rooster Clock!

3. Is it better to be right or to be happy? (slartibartfast)

Dear slartibartfast, In my opinion it is better to be happy. Because I've been wrong many times but been happy about it. And sometimes you are sure of something bad, and then you find you were wrong and then you can be happy!

4. Question, why do women complain about guys checking them out, then buy Jeans with ROXY written on the ass? (BHN)

Dear BHN, first of many women don't buy stupid overpriced Roxy clothes. But secondly the reason is remarkedly simple: a) Women like to complain and b) Women like to look sexy. This may confuse you, that is our intention.

5. What does sassy mean? (Adam)

Dear Adam, sassy means vigourouse, lively, saucy etc full of spirit!

6. can you please tell me the gender and number of siblings for your mum, and your mum's mum, and if you can possibly, your mum's mum's mum? (laraCroft)

Dear Lara, for now I can only tell you about my Mum, but once I've talked to her I should be able to answer your question fully. My Mum has 4 siblings 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I think my Grandma just had one brother but I'm not sure. Why do you ask?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy, I just finished all my main tracking for the record. Now I have to wait for Anthony to do his vox, then I can add harmonies. I played lots of Hendrix-like solos this time around, I hope you will like it.

I agree with "bhn". Women are very manipulative. One day in private I will tell you about a girl and what seemed like a black hole of manipulation to me. Sometimes, it's like I am in the fourth dimension, know what I mean?