Monday, May 09, 2005

Meet the cast...

RHCP Lyric of the Day: Me and my, me and my, me and my, me and my, me and my friends


Um I guess alphabetically would be the way to go. And this looks like it's going to be quite long so you can just skip to the people you care about.


Adam: Right well honestly I don't really "know" Adam. But I have met him twice. And he is a good friend of my very good friend Nick. And I read his webpage everyday (despite the fact the updates are considerably less frequent ;-) ) and so sometimes I feel like I'm stalking him since I read about his life but don't really see him in person. But he does work with me although in a completely different building. And I can just tell he's sassy. Haha Adam I called you sassy!


Amy: Amy is my blister. Oops I mean sister. She is in her third year at uni doing economics honours (I know that doesn't add up third year - honours but it's true!). She is lovely. And she loves Disney A LOT. And she's not very good at giving objective views about Disney related things. She also is very passionate about movies in general. And she generously lets me use her projector on occasion and lets me borrow dvds all the time. I think she has more than our video shop. Oh and she's funny, and has proven to know almost as much Monty Python as me.


Andrew: Andrew is my cousin and flatmate. He has an impeccable sense of humour (due to the fact that it is almost completely inline with my own). He hails from Rotorua. He is a software Engineer at a company about 3 doors down the road from where I work. So sometimes at lunch we plan blog pranks which are probably only ever understood by ourselves and Kirsty (see below). And he plays the guitar, and likes Monty Python and Stargate is his most favourite TV show ever. He loves it passionately and always has.


BHN: (Big Hairy Nick) Nick is a big old friend from High School. I have known him since I was 15 I think. Which is a long time. He is one of the best guys I know. (Andrew is another of the best guys I know). Nick is doing a masters in something... um I'm not sure I know what tho, he seems to do lots of experiments tho. And he is a kung fu blackbelt... and to my surprise didn't really show me much mercy during a drunken demonstration on my bus trip last year (although fair enough, he did spend a large proportion of the evening looking sorry for himself after hurting his ankle). He also possibly has the best social skills I've ever seen.


Boris the Ostrich: Boris is an Ostrich. I don't know too much about him, except that he is not George who is my Ostrich friend that sits on our mantelpiece at the flat (he is a soft toy). Also public opinion seems to be that Boris is a dork. I guess he does look a bit dorky.


Bradley: Bradley is our cat. Well Kirsty's cat. But he lives with us. Despite the fact that Bradley looks so cute, and he gives great cuddles I didn't know how cynical and sharp he was until I started reading his posts. I guess he's just a manipulative juvenile delinquent. But he is really lovely. I wish he wouldn't try and run away.


Darren: Ok Darren never comments here. But since he is talked about he gets a mention too. Darren is my boyfriend of 16 months. He is an apprentice builder. We met at Shooters just after Christmas and he just wouldn't leave me alone after that ;-) He can be very very sweet and is funny and creative and has so many talents. Oh and he does kung fu too. And sometimes Dave Navarro looks exactly like him.


John F: Is probably the most famous person to comment on my blog. He is the most brilliant guitarist in the world. He happens to be the guitarist from the Red Hot Chili Peppers as well. His music has changed my life and it is such a privilege and honour that he comments on my blog.


God: God is the second most famous person to comment here. Hehe actually he is probably slightly more famous than John. I don't know too much about God either, as she hasn't talked about herself too much. She also hasn't commented in awhile and is dearly missed.


Killer Chicken: Some semi anonymous, very angry poultry.


Killer Sparrow: Seems to be a smaller version of the chicken.


Kirsty: My cousin and other flatmate (there's three of us). She is actually Andrew's elder sister. She has just moved to Christchurch this year... and much like I took an immense liking to Andrew when I got to know him last year when he moved here the same thing happened with Kirsty. It must have helped that she is really really really cool and also we're the two most beautiful girls in the world equally. Together we make the flat quite noisy... which is funny coz if Andrew tries to play his guitar during an important TV program he gets quickly shushed. Kirsty is in hospital at the moment for a short time, but when she's not she works for ecan, smelling gross things, and fining them if it smells too gross (or something like that).


LaraCroft: Well I suspect this is actually Lara Rennie one of my very best friends who is currently living in Auckland working for Beca as a software engineer/developer thing. We met after 2nd year over summer while we were both working in the Intelligent Computer Tutoring Group at Canterbury University and then went through to do computer science honours together. Lara is one of the loveliest people around, but she is quite hard to keep up with :-D


Oatmeal: My pet rock, who is actually called O'NEIL! For some reason he thinks it's funny to call himself Oatmeal. He is actually missing at the moment, I refuse to believe he's run away, I suspect foul play (maybe killer chicken has something to do with it... hehehe).


The Real Oatmeal: A bowl of Oatmeal. What more can I say?


TSauce: This is where I think my blog went from hilarious to ridiculous... but I love ridiculous so TSauce is very welcome anytime.


If I missed anyone it's probably because you didn't have a pretty picture. Also I had a dream about killer chicken last night. And remember tomorrow is ask Mindy day. So if there's anything at all bothering you... I'm here to advise you!

:-) M

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you should put a description about the blue Amy as they don't match my description at all

Mindy said...

Well I thought about that problem. But the fact is the only Amy I know about is the real Amy, and it's undecided who is who so I just wrote about the real Amy. Not that I don't think you're the real Amy, but there have been imposters writing under the guise of black Amy.

Anonymous said...

Killer sparrow is an individual, not a smaller version of anyone!

Killer budgie on the other hand, he has try hard killer sparrow written all over him!

Anonymous said...

Boris, you ARE a dork.
Adam why are you sucking up to a dork.
And Killer Sparrow you have an inflated sense of self importance.

You all suck.

Submit to my terror!

Anonymous said...

Is that a threat Adam? I don't like what you're implying.

I will peck you to death!!

Mindy said...

Oh go away killer chicken!

Anyway I'm so very tired. I didn't get a much needed recovery sleep as I watched Star Wars last night, then got up very early. Silly me.

At lunch Andrew ate grass and then called himself a cow. It was quite funny.

Also I put my spoon on the grass for a bit and when I next looked it was covered in hundreds on tiny aliens (to the naked eye they looked like insects, but I'm convinced they were aliens). Anyway I have drowned most of them.

I hope everyone else has a nice lunch.

Anonymous said...

It is not wednesday nick

Mindy said...

That is true, but now I've got some time to um, "research" the answer. :-D

Anonymous said...

I am killer budgie.
Here me chirp!

Mindy said...

Well that is _one_ answer. You might prefer mine. I recommend regardless you check back tomorrow.

But of course thanks for your input Boris the Dork... I mean Ostrich.

Also I meant to say before

"who are you calling big nose?"

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're not so bad yourself, Conkface. Where are you two from? Nose City?

Anonymous said...

chirp chirp I say!
chirp chirp

I know I am not nearly so powerful as Killer Sparrow but you should still tremble!

Anonymous said...

Would you please just humour my apprentice please?

Mindy said...

Oh killer budgie, you are so very scary. I wish you wouldn't scare people on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Adam sucks at non-disclosing! He has quite clearly disclosed what he saw.

And I will not humour your apprentice you stupid sparrow. I will eat them for afternoon tea. With humus. Lots of it.

Squawk!