Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Workmates

Lara requested me to do little intros on the people I work with. Oh first for those who don't know I work at Jade Software Corporation as a programmer, my official title is "Jade Scholar" which just means I'm only just out of uni and don't get paid very much. But I love my job so much! I actually do quite a mixture of programming and admin work (eg tracking bugs etc) and liasoning with the customer. My team makes software for a frieght company in Britian, when I started we had quite a small team (I was the fifth person) but now we're up to 8 which I guess is still small really. I have been working here since I finished my honours degree in Computer Science last year (quite literally, my first day of work was the day after I handed in my project), however I did get a week long holiday after the first couple of days.

I really don't work with many people so I thought I'd do them all at once! In order of who I have most contact with:

Earl: Earl is another Canterbury graduate, he started a few months after me, and lives in the office next door to mine. My job changed dramatically once he started as I had someone nice to talk to! We always go and ask each other first when we get stuck on something, and also if we're really bored. Earl is from a farm near Nelson somewhere well that's where his Mum lives, and I don't know much more about him and he's good to talk to about movies etc.

Colin: Is my manager. He's really nice. I don't know how old he is, Earl's the only one who I have any idea about really. Colin is going to England with me, and he's from England orignally. He's extremely atheletic, apparently a very good runner, and he lives in Rangiora and occasionally bikes in from there. Colin has a very cute family, a wife and two set of twin girls! Very blonde ones!

Pieter: Is new to my team but old to Jade. He's in the office of the other side of me. Again I have no idea how old he is, they're all about 35-50 I think. Except Shiree, I know she's in her very early 30s as she had a birthday shout. Anyway Pieter is also very nice and is also a great runner. I should try and get some running tips from them!

Graeme: Graeme and I were the only ones on this floor in our team for awhile, so when I started he was the lucky one who was continually harrassed by me trying to learn jade, but he was very helpful. He's a great programmer and always has good advice. Graeme has a very cute new baby girl, and he's really into sports, the ones I know of are mountain biking, paddling (not sure if it's canoes or kayaks) and extreme skiing. Oh Graeme is also quite funny and has a great laugh!

Shiree: Shiree is another girl! Yay! Shiree is lovely, and very helpful. She's also sporty... it seems everyone in our team is! I think she plays netball, I remember her limping around on a sprained ankle due to a netball injury sometime ago.

Simon: Is downstairs with Shiree, Colin and Victor. Simon also loves Stargate (!!!) and he's shared the whole first season of Stargate Atlantis with me. Simon is very clever (in my opinion) and he has a new(ish) wife and their wedding photos looked beautiful! Also I find Simon hilarious! He's always making funny jokes in our meetings and cracking us all up!

Victor: Victor has been on our team for awhile, but working on a different project to me so I haven't worked with him too much. But he is very nice.

There you go Lara!

Love from
Little Miss Mindy

7 comments:

Mindy said...

I like quote too. But I don't agree with it, well not in the case of actual depression, I guess it fits if you're just talking about a depressed mood though, or I mean depression as an emotion rather than depression as an actual mental illness.

Oops sorry didn't mean to get all serious.

I had a HORRIBLE dream last night. I dreamt my Grandad died! How aweful and I felt so terrible and so guilty for not telling him I loved him enough, and not seeing him often enough.

Mindy said...

No it's not!

I'm not saying it is never that, but I definitely would not generalise it that way.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mindy I think you're nice too.

amy said...

i think i am self centred

is it all about me?

amy said...

that makes me feel so much better thanks

Mindy said...

Yeah it's all about the Hoff!

LaraCroft said...

Hey!

I'm confused. I commented on last Friday's post, and my comment isn't there! I did this, maybe yesterday?? I talked about vote counting. And other things. It was really long!

Maybe I commented in the wrong place.

Maybe there is a secret random comment deleter working at blogspot.

I don't know.

I have an exciting evening tonight: singing lesson, visiting my cousin and her family, and my aunt and uncle who are up staying with them, and then going out for coffee with Kate - it was her birthday recently. But right now I still have 1.5 hours of work to go, and for the first time all week I'm not really enthused. I think it's cos I've done all I can on my top priority, so now the pressure's off a little, so I'm a little... too keen to relax. Or something. Maybe it's cos it's almost end of week.

On Tuesday next week our half of the floor is all moving round and we will have builders making partitions and doing lots of stuff. So that's going to be exciting. And tomorrow I'm going to the NZSO. I am listening to the first Brahms' symphony now in preparation.

And.....did I mention to everyone that I have two LCD screens at work? It is very cool.

And - I have run for the last 7 days, but tomorrow I have a day off! How exciting! And Monday. This is good cos I am tired. I don't know if I'll cope particularly well with Saturday's run - it's supposed to be long. Oh well... good luck me ;)

So anyway Min I hope you are having a nice day. Thanks for talking about your workmates.