Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Answers

1. Why do Nick's questions always seem to involve him hating women? (Adam)

Hi Adam. This is indeed a good question. And I have a theory regarding this phenomenon. Firstly I would like to point you to notice that not actually all of Nick's questions are about hating women as such, some are quite the opposite. For example you may recall a past question where Nick wondered why women always smell so good. Also the questions where Nick appears to hate women are basically relating to women's behaviour that is somewhat confusing to him. I would like to suggest that Nick doesn't actually hate women. Just that he thinks they are confusing and a lot of work and they smell nice. In other words he wants a shag.

(Also I think he's trying to make women face up to their own irrational behaviour, and targeting my ask Mindy as a forum to do so).

Maybe Nick could comment if I am way off base with this response.

2. What do you do if someone wished you happy birthday and you want to do the same for them, but you only know the month in which they were born, and a rough idea of the day? (LaraCroft)

Hi Lara, this really is a pickle. What I would do is just ask them... say something like "What day was your birthday again? May 5th?" Where you substitute in the month and your guess of the day. I think this is fine, and I use this method all the time to ask Kirsty when her birthday is. If you don't want to be so direct see if you can find out from someone else who knows them, or sneakily try and look at their driver's license etc.

3. Mindy, Why do you think it is that Adam has never had a girlfriend of his own? (BHN)

Dear BHN, well you know what I think? I think the reason is that Adam hasn't asked enough girls. Surely any girls who he had asked wouldn't be able to refuse, so it stands that he hasn't therefore asked anyone out, or if he has they were whack. Also he does computer science and in general there's not that many girls who do so that means less chance of meeting someone through uni or work.

8 comments:

LaraCroft said...

Can other people comment to? (this is a 'Ask Mindy' question)

My other question is: What do you do if someone wished you happy birthday and you want to do the same for them, but you only know the month in which they were born, and a rough idea of the day?

Mindy said...

Yes everyone can comment.

Anonymous said...

"It virtually embraces all that equates to triglycerides issues"

Brilliant! I love it!

Mindy said...

Yeah I just about deleted them both, but then I thought of you Andrew and how much you love them and decided they could stay. They kind of add character. Also they said my blog was corking!

amy said...

Lara, I am hopefully going to canada for grad school and will be coming home for their summers (and our winters)

amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LaraCroft said...

mindy, two things:

a) adam hasn't got a gf cos he has a weird blog photo with stuff coming out of his nose. This could be embarassing for any girl going on a first date with him

b) well done for the word verification, did you see it on my blog?

c) (who said cosc people could count) - i'm back :) i was away thurs fri on grad training.

Mindy said...

Hi Lara! When you post on random old osts it takes me awhile to find your comments. But I found it! Welcome back from grad training, hope it was fun. I did know that as I read your blog.

I hope you had a nice weekend!

Actually i saw the word verification on the blogger home page but also I noticed you had it on your blog too after that. :-)

Have a nice day!