Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Answers

1. Why do you think Jonny Depp decided to play an androgenous willy wonka? (BHN)

Because it was an interesting and challenging role, a role his children would be excited and proud of, and because he's damn good at that kind of role! (Eg Ed Wood).

2. Do you think getting a university degree or learning a trade is the better option? (BHN)

Neither is a better option. It depends entirely on the person. Like a University Degree was better for me at the time, and I'm glad I got it, but Darren's doing his building apprenticeship and that's better for him. Also I will probably change careers later in my life and learn a trade then.

3. What is your favourate line(s) from a kiwi song, a pop song, a rock song and a RHCP song? (BHN)

I can't guarantee these are my all-time favourites, more like a snap shot of right now.

Kiwi song: "Let do the time warp again"
Pop song: "All day long I dream about sex, and all night long I think about sex, and all the time I think about sex with you, with you" HAHAHA I love that song!
Rock song: "I'm already cut up and half dead... I'll end up alone like I began..."
RHCP song: So so so so many... but a random one: "Missionary maddness, sweep a culture with a broom, trashing ancient ways, is par for the course, it’s fucking rude"

4. Who would win between John Candy and Marlin Brando in a fight in hell? (BHN)

Well neither would be in hell, but probably Brando just because he's meaner. Well can be meaner...

5. What would your plan be for 15 million dollars if you had won the powerball? (BHN)

Well I don't have a plan. It's hard to know. Most of it would be definitely be put into saving, or invested. Some would definitely be given away to charities and family and friends. My student loan would be paid off. I would buy a new car too. I definitely wouldn't quit work though and I'd try not to improve my lifestyle, but just stick to all the same plans I have now.

6. How does Karma work in your opinion? (BHN)

I'm not sure it does work, as some horrible things happen to such lovely people. My Granddad is one of the sweetest nicest people in the world and he's lost two wives, and now he has cancer... I mean that's one of squillions of examples. I think in general we should all just be as kind as we can, and treat other people the way we want to be treated and if you go through life and are able to do that most of the time then you've done pretty well.

7. Is there a god, and whats your impression of religion in general? (BHN)

Haha well I don't think there's a god, and religion well, um in general I am sickened by the atrocities that have been carried out in the names of organised religions, but at the same time religion has given a lot of people support and hope in times when they have nothing else. So it's not entirely bad.

8. Why am i the only person to ask you questions all the time? (BHN)

Dunno. Maybe you're the only one who is interested in my opinion. Maybe everyone else is too busy working. Adam asked lots of questions today though!

9. What is your favourate non-RHCP song at the moment? (BHN)

Corduroy by Pearl Jam.

10. Who is your favourate singer?(apart from Anthony from RHCP) (BHN)

Oh Anthony isn't my favourite singer, he's my favourite lyricist though. I have so many favourite singers... so many singers I love listening to, but probably my all time favourite is Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin.

11. Whats better School or work? (BHN)

School was great at the time, I wouldn't replace my time at school with anything, but work is great now! Uni was also a struggle but I'm so glad I did it, and wouldn't have done it any different, but I don't think I'll ever go back.

12. If you had to work in a city outside of CHCH which would it be? (BHN)

Umm don't know. Anywhere in New Zealand wouldn't be too bad. Maybe somewhere warmer like Nelson or I guess just anywhere I have friends (like Wellington and Auckland).

13. Does something have to be Phallic to be flaccid? (BHN)

No, I don't think so.

14. Who shot JR? (BHN)

Who is JR?

15. If Oswald was a Pattsy why did Jack Ruby shoot him? (BHN)

Who is Oswald and who is Jack Ruby?

16. Why do seals have a segmented sternum? (BHN)

Probably to help them bend in seal-like ways.

17. Now lets change the fight to the death to between John Goodman and Meatloaf. (BHN)

Meatloaf... coz he's pretty good with a chainsaw in the Rocky Horror show. Or is he the one who's killed with a chainsaw... oh yeah I think he gets killed with a chainsaw. Um still Meatlof tho because he's been to fightclub.

18. Do you find way more people attractive now than when you were a teenager? (BHN)

Nah not really, when I was a teenager I thought 16 year old were attractive, and also older people, now I'm older I don't find 16 year olds attractive anymore.

19. Why is it that mens fashion is boring and ultimately ugly in comparison to womens? (BHN)

Maybe just because no matter how hard they try women will always be the more beautiful creatures, so people have never put as much effort into mens clothing.

20. Do you think men compensate for the apparent lack of good clothing by going to the gym? (BHN)

I guess some do, but tons of women go to gyms as well!

21. Why is it that one smile can make your day?

Because it shows you that humans can be alright and human nature isn't ultimately all screwed up, some people are kind and nice.

22. Why is it that life seems to want to continually kick you in the stomach for weeks on end no matter how optimistic you are that it will all just work out? (BHN)

Not sure Nick, it doesn't happen to me.

23. Who was your favourate Ninja Turtle? (BHN)

Donatello

24. If you had to cheat on Darren with a member of RHCP who would it be? (BHN)

John!!!!

25. Why is a smile the sexiest thing someone can do? (BHN)

I think because it can say so much, and it can show love, and approval and desire... and this might be silly but a genuine smile can make you feel safe.

26. Why do people change when they get into relationships with certain people and not with others? (BHN)

I guess that's the different nature of different relationships. Some relationships can make people change in good ways (inspire them to be the best they can), some can make people change in bad ways (ie with a dominating bossy partner), and some don't make people change at all. It's just how people react to different personalities.

27. Is it still wrong to laugh at someone else's misfortune even if it's really, really funny? (Adam)

No of course not! Unless they're dead or something like that.

28. What steps should we be taking to prevent the rise of communism in New Zealand? (Adam)

Oh I'm a communist at heart, so I think we should be taking steps to ensure that New Zealand becomes the first communist society in the world that reaches the whole way to the last of Marx's stages of communism (I think there were 5 or 7 stages or something like that), and can successfully operate in today's predominantly capitalist world.

29. How does Santa get into houses without chimneys? (Adam)

Oh he is very good at getting through windows too. He has a reformed burglar that travels round with him, and helps him break into the houses.

30. Why is it you can be in a good or bad mood completely regardless of anything that's actually happened? (Adam)

I think it's to do with chemicals in the brain, or maybe stuff you've been thinking about subconsciously. Plus sometimes if your co-workers are aliens they are using mind-control techniques on you they can influence your mood without you knowing.

31. Walruses? (Adam)

Yes Walruses.

32. I swallowed a really big paper clip when I was seven, do you think it's still there? (Adam)

No.

33. How can I test to see if my co-workers are aliens? (Adam)

Well if I've learnt anything from movies it's that aliens are allergic to water or tiny bacteria, so I think you should fill a glass, spit in it a little then tip it over them. If they survive then they're probably not aliens.

34. I'm feeling a little sad today, why is that? (Adam)

Possibly because you're worried about the fact your co-workers may be aliens.

35. What time of the day is the best time to sneeze? (Adam)

3.23pm

36. I bought some shower gel to take to the gym so I wouldn't have to worry about any soap related shower incidents. But the stuff says it contains extra oxygen and I'm worried that I might be getting too much. How do I know if I'm getting too much oxygen? (Adam)

Easy. Stand up (DO IT!) Now take 10 really deep breaths, in deeply then at the end of the breath breathe in sharply to get as much as you can in, then breath out normally. Doing this 10 times in a row should make you feel at least a little bit weird, maybe a but light headed. If you feel like that after your shower then you're obviously getting too much oxygen and should consider returning to regular shower gel.

37. How come identical twins never look identical? (BHN)

Sometimes they do!

38. Why isn't water blue when its in a cup? (BHN)

Because water isn't blue! (Really Nick! Water is see-through or whatever the techincal term for see through is).

39. Why can't some people appoligies for what they have done wrong? (BHN)

I have NO IDEA! It makes me so mad though! Some people just can't apologise... it's insane. I apologise though, I'm good at it.

40. Why is it that some weeks nothing can phase you and others every little thing pisses you off? (BHN)

Maybe it's your time of the month Nick :-)

41. What is the best way to get to sleep? (BHN)

Thinking about happy things. Falling asleep happy and warm and comfy is the best!

42. Do you think its better to sleep on your sides or on your back/front? (BHN)

I do both... mostly on my side though. When you fall asleep hugging someone the side is the only way to go really.

43. Which side? (or back/front) (BHN)

Front.

44. What is your favourate colour and why? (BHN)

Deep red, a purply red. I'm not sure why.... I think it's an attractive colour.

45. What is the difference between politics and a popularity contest? (BHN)

Hmmmm I think you should ask Adam... he's the election expert. Although I'm worried his cynical view of the five parties he's done was influenced strongly by his low mood ;-)

46. Who is the best super hero ever? (BHN)

After seeing Batman begins I'd have to say batman... although he's not really a super hero is he as he doesn't have super powers? In that case i guess superman! The name says it all, plus he was hot.

47. What is your optimal temperature to do work at? (BHN)

This current temperature.

48. Why are women (who are ment to be so much more sensitive than men) so evil? (BHN)

Well men are mean too, but I think what makes women evil and men just mean is that women think and analyse things a lot more than men, so any nasty or manipulative thing appears to be more thought out and purposeful.

49. Which historical figure would you like to fight? (BHN)

No one! I wouldn't like to fight anyone!

50. Whats with you and guys with long hair? (BHN)

It's just sexy ok? Also if a guy can be comfortable enough to display predominantly feminine characteristics (like long healthy hair) and they are straight then that's just shows they are so comfortable with their masculinity and aren't trying to prove anything, and don't feel they have to.

51. What do you think are the qualities of a great teacher? (BHN)

Being able to understand questions. Being able to understand how some concepts are hard to grasp, some skills aren't natural for everyone. Being confident, approachable, friendly.

52. Whats your favourate billy idol song? (BHN)

Hot in the City

53. Do you want to come to the Heaven and Hell ball i'm organising? (BHN)

Yes but it will depend when it is, I'm quite busy over the next month :-)