Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sore Arm!

Asphyxia

Pronunciation: as-'fik-sE-&, &s-
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek, stopping of the pulse, from a- + sphyzein to throb
: a lack of oxygen or excess of carbon dioxide in the body that is usually caused by interruption of breathing and that causes unconsciousness

Well there you go. There's your new word for today. Try and use it in a sentence and "Today I learnt a new word asphyxia." Doesn't count as a sentence.

So I had a good weekend. I spent all Friday in preparation of going home, pouring a bath, snuggling up and having an early night in bed and watching Rome. But then Darren gets home and tells me he's invited Fenia and Dan etc round. So I ended up going out... yes going into town! For the first time in AGES! It was tons of fun. Didn't see anyone I know which was strange but still an awesome time.

On Saturday I awoke too early and cleaned the whole house. Our house is SO lovely and clean now. I am so excited about living in this nice clean house. I even vacuumed. I also did the garden.

And now I can't even remember what else I did. Hmmm. This is bugging me. Oh well. I'm sure I went somewhere or something. Maybe I just watched Rome. It is getting upsetting and tense, but I think I'll stick it out and find out what happens.

Sunday I went and saw Kim. We got lunch and I had a souvlaki and it was way too big and then I felt really really full. I also did even more gardening and planted my bulbs. And that's about it.

Grandad is back in hospital again which is a bit sad. They think maybe this will be the last time he goes in. I miss not having him next door to go and say hello to each afternoon. And just seeing that he's still around, you know.

Oh and the reason I have a sore arm is because I banged it really hard on the edge of the sink. And now there's a big purple bruise.

:)
Mindy

No comments: