Monday, March 13, 2006

New Words!

Hi!

I've decided to teach myself a new word everyday. And because I'm such a kind and caring and generous person I've decided to teach all of you that word as well. Today's word:

lachrymal

Main Entry: lach·ry·mal
Variant(s): or lac·ri·mal /'la-kr&-m&l/
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French or Medieval Latin; Middle French lacrymal, from Medieval Latin lacrimalis, from Latin lacrima tear, from Old Latin dacrima, probably from Greek dakry -- more at TEAR

1 usually lacrimal : of, relating to, or being glands that produce tears
2 : of, relating to, or marked by tears

Isn't that interesting? I think so. What you might find interesting also is the number of words that I don't know that you do. Anyway stay tuned for tomorrow's word.

I don't really have much news. I watched a new TV program last night that Simon at work had downloaded (it's showing in America, or has been shown) called Surface and I thought it was ok. Also Auntie has gone back to the Chathams today and so Uncle Jim is left to take care of Grandad all by himself. I might keep an eye on him ;)

Hope you are all well.

Love
from
Mindy

No comments: