Monday, March 27, 2006

Quick Update

Hi All,

Well just quickly my life has been busy lately. Grandad's funeral things went from Wednesday through to Saturday morning with a lot of organising happening before that. The funeral was really nice, well actually I found it horribly sad but that's to be expected. Claire and Mum both spoke and they were so wonderful I was so proud of them and I'm sure Grandad would have been too. We had the funeral at St Andrews, the church at Rangi Ruru and if any of you have ever been there you'll know it's not a small church. It was completely full. They had to seat people in the choir seats... so I think that's about 600-700 people!

After the funeral we had a dinner at my parents house with people close to Grandad... and it was a good chance for everyone to get into his booze ;) Which we hardly made a dent on... but that might be because Uncle Jim spent another $600 on drinks for the night anyway! You'll be glad to know that Darren and I walked away with a bottle of ouzo, a bottle of Southern Comfort and some kid of tropical liqueur. I'm sure Grandad would have wanted us to have it. It was a nice night anyway not too sad after the sad funeral... one of those nights where you spend a great deal of time being introduced. I've never heard the words "this is my eldest" so many times in one event I don't think! Mum usually adds my name to the introduction, Dad sometimes doesn't... but mostly because if he told the other person my name, he'd have to tell me theirs and most of the time he has no idea what their name is!

The weekend was spent by my family going through Grandad's house. I spent a bit of time there but not too much. Darren and I did the city to surf on Sunday and that was really fun, but also tougher than I'd thought it would be so I've got lots of work to do before the half marathon! Sunday afternoon I had a nap. I was so rudely awoken by Darren to tell me the power had gone off! I know that's kind of exciting... but I don't think I really needed to get woken for it ;) It came on again in about half an hour.

Right well back at work now so I'd better get to it.

:)
Mindy

2 comments:

Mindy said...

So's your face

Mindy said...

I'm very glad you arehappy Adam that has made my day just that little bit better :)