Sunday, March 12, 2006

My Weekend

Well I'm loving having my family living next door in Grandad's house. Don't know if I've said that already. I know it sounds a little lame but it is really really nice. I woke up Saturday morning, pottered around the house a little bit, had a bath and then decided to greet the outside world. So I open my door and look to the neighbours and see my Auntie opening her window upstairs and so we have a little neighbourly conversation and she informs me Uncle Jim is back in NZ again (staying at Grandad's house as is Auntie Annie). So I pop over and Alex, my cousin is also there, and Uncle Jim, Grandad of course and Auntie Annie. So I hang out there for awhile. Then my parents come over on their way to see Grandad so I go over again and pretty much hung out there all day.

Grandad seems to be doing ok. He's on oxygen all the time now. He has a machine with a big long tube attached so he can walk around like normal and everything. But he's seemed to be in a good mood most of the time, in good spirits. Mum told me though he's started planning his funeral. He wants Amy and me to be amoung his pallbearers which I think would be a great honour and I think it's really cool that he wants to depart slightly from the tradition of having male pallbearers. It's funny because I've told a few people about this, had a few discussions about it with Mum, Amy, Darren etc. And only now as I'm writing this does the thought make me cry. I think only now it just hit that for Grandad to be having a funeral he'd have to have died. Go figure. Sorry if this is all a bit morose for you but I'm just writing what I'm thinking about at the moment.

Anyway onto Sunday. Sunday was a great day. It was kind of rainy in the morning. So I decided to head outside and do some gardening. I did all the bits and pieces that I've been needing to do for awhile. Then I went and got out Monster and Underworld from the video shop and watched Monster with Amy. I also went for a big long run for an hour, and it was great. I ran out to the airport and around there for an hour in total and got back and felt like I could have even kept going a bit longer. I'm planning now on doing a half marathon in June so I reckon I'm almost half way.

Claire and Amy came round for fish and chips and fanta for dinner. I always like fish and chips best when it's with fanta. And the fish and chips were particularly good. It's on account of having a new fish and chip shop since we've shifted... Supreme Seafoods on Ilam Road is now my favourite. Darren and I watched Underworld which I quite enjoyed. But I'm all ready now for the sequel.

That my life for you then. All up to date.

Love
Mindy

No comments: