Thursday, November 30, 2006

Things

I had three things to tell you. I was going to do so on Tuesday as they happened on Monday. But here I am and it's Friday. So... without further ado!

1) On Monday I went for a lovely bike ride. Although it was quite cold. But anyway I got back into my office, was just taking my helmet off, and then this big noise started on the roof... and it was rain! Pretty heavy rain at that! So I thought that was pretty clever of me! (For the record Claire told me that was the most boring of my three things, and to put it first).

2) The second thing was at about that very time I heard another loud noise. It was a vigorous buzzing... so I thought "oh no! a bee or fly is caught inside". I listened a bit closer and realised it was coming from inside my shirt! I looked down my shirt and there was a bee in my shirt!!! I quickly pulled the neck down and it flew out. But the puzzling thing to me is how and when that bee got there!

3) Also relating to the bee, once it had been liberated from my clothing the bee then proceeded to continually fly into the window, as they do, so I decided to catch it and put it outside. I grabbed my pen holder cup and caught it, then grabbed my notepad. The problem with the notepad is it was a bit thick for this job, but it was the first thing I had grabbed. Anyway while keeping the cup pressed firmly against the window (lest the bee escape) I was trying to pry the bee off the window into the cup. I must have been pressing too hard though, being too concerned about letting the bee out because I accidentally chopped the bee in half. I was totally devastated. And I still feel guilty about it :(

In other news I had dinner with Charmain, Mike, Rach and Greg last night. It was lovely. Charmain and Mike are here visiting from Italy so it was fantastic to catch up with them. Really nice evening.

Also tonight we have our hip hop dance recital. Hehe it's so funny. Our dance is about 1.5mins long HAHA! We have only been learning for a term so we got tacked on the back of another group (of 8 year olds or something, who are better than us!). Oh well it will be a bit of a laugh!!!!

Have a great weekend all!

:)
Mindy

2 comments:

Clairey Fairy said...

im still laughing at how u used a whole notepad and not just one peice of paper (folded in half if ur that scared of the bee. i have to say my version i told at kirstys house was much more exciting!

Shane said...

any suggestions where such a less bee prone location may be Adam (just so I know where to find you incase we need you after a bee incident)