Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sad News


Just over a week ago I bought a very very nice umbrella. It was the one pictured but in bright pink (yes, the boy's have winked but you have nothing to worry about thomas). It was from a shop that sold only umbrellas and I was told it was very very strong. Then last night this storm hit Vancouver bringing lots and lots of rain and as I was walking today this mammoth gust of wind came along and bent the frame. I think I will try and get it repaired as it is so nice but it is very sad.

Walking around campus is depressing today. It is like a cemetary for dead umbrellas. All the rubbish bins are full of them and there are bits of broken and abandoned umbrellas all over the pavement (note EVERYONE has an umbrella here, it is very rainy). At least mine is still fixable. I have that to be thankful for.

A moments silence for all those who werent as lucky as mine would perhaps be appropriate.

2 comments:

Clairey Fairy said...

poor amy! atleast u have a umbrella. the one that u used in chch i thought u had taken with u? if not where is it as i would like it!

amy said...

i have it here but it was no use in the wind so i bought a new one