Sunday, November 26, 2006

SNOW!!!

Hey everyone

Guess what- it's snowing! Yes, I know I'm in Canada but snow in Vancouver apparently isn't that common. It is super awesome snow to. A lot more powdery than back home. Ooooo. I just got an email froma Quebecan. He said if it is still snowing this heavily at 3 this arvo we will make maple toffee. I think that is where they use the syrup
to make this mixture which they then pour into the snow. Should be cool!

I got up early this morning to try and get photos before the snow got all mucked up but its still pretty messed up from last night. I went down to the beach, it looked really pretty.

So yeah, it is very cool going christmas decoration shopping (as I did yesterday) with it snowing outside. It is very unlikely there will be snow here on Christmas day but I will see snow right before as I'm going skiing at Whistler and then I'm going up a mountain where they do a whole north pole thing with sleigh rides and ice skating on a big lake. I have to get through exams first though!

Hope everyone is well in sunny nz.

(by the way, this is St. John's College- the residence where I live)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Actually it was pouring with rain in Christchurch for a large portion of yesterday!

Clairey Fairy said...

wow amy thats awesome. i wish it was snowing here in chch, then i wouldnt have to go to my exam. oh well i hope u bring some snow home for me!