Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Popple Education


Ok so these are popples. I only ever knew them as toys but apparently there was a tv show of them too with popple puppets. I don't think we ever got that here in New Zealand. They were around in the 80s. The coolest thing about a popple was they "popped" kind of. They have a big pocket on their back which you turn inside out and the whole popple fits inside (well that was on the ad, in reality the head usually sticks out). So they kind of look like a big ball, then you "pop" the rest of it out! The orange looks like the one I found abandoned and have adopted, though it has had it's tail cut off :( The pink one is what my popple looks like. And the last picture is what they look like when they are all tucked up in their back pocket.


So really just another fad toy. But I had very few soft toys when I was little, actually very few toys, I liked drawing more, but popple is one I have hung onto! Very cuddly too.

:)

1 comment:

kristo said...

I totally forgot about Popples!!! I had one when I was little and I LOVED it! They were so cool! :-)