Thursday, December 15, 2005

Mystery


Mystery
Originally uploaded by Omfu.
The strangest thing happened yesterday morning. Let me tell you a wee story.

Well I was driving to work as usual, as per any other day (albeit taking a slightly different route since I live in a different house now). On my entire trip I saw nothing out of the ordinary at all. Now maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention to the outside world, I do try to be a diligent driver and concentrate mainly on the road and traffic whilst driving. So driving along totally unaware of what was about to happen. I pulled into the work driveway, again everything appeared to be normal. I got a good park got out of my car... forgetting to look at the Ks, as I was attempting to measure exactly how far it was from my new house to work. And writing this now I realise I did exactly the same thing this morning... bugger. Anyway I get out of my car, walk up to the door. Open it. That's all fine nothing strange yet. Open the next door with my special door opening wand. That's fine too. So so far it's pretty a pretty average sort of morning, not in the least the type of morning that you'd expect to be turned upside down in just a minute. Anyway I walk up the stairs, through the door, past the kitchen and into my office... and there it is. A wet tea towel sitting right in the middle of my desk in front of my computer! Dampening the piece of paper I had sitting there (don't worry it wasn't too important).

Now I am washed a flood with confused thoughts. "Did I leave that tea towel there?" no, "Did something spill on my desk that requires mopping up with a tea towel?" no, "Has someone been drying dishes at my desk?" possibly, but unlikely. To this day (which is a day later) I still haven't solved this mystery.

Now the curious amoung you might be thinking, "well what did you do with the tea towel". Well I'll tell you. I took it into the kitchen and hung it on the tea towel hook.

And that's the end of the story... for now.

Incidentally the picture of the tea towel I found to accompany my little tale of intrigue was from amazon, and that picture tea towel cost $11.99US isn't that amazing!

:)
Mindy

No comments: