Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Egypt this week

Howdy,

Well I was supposed to talk about slugs and barley. So I will. Even though I'm almost over the slug thing now. What happened was the other night I got home, and as I normally do I kicked off my shoes (I hate wearing shoes) and walked into the bedroom. Well attempted to. I was stopped by feeling my foot press down on something cold and squishy. So I quickly raised my foot again and looked down to see a slug! Ewww! I hate slugs (well actually slugs are fine I'm just a bit scared about them). So I ran away (as you do) and told Darren to move it - which he didn't. However when I went back in about 3 minutes - it was gone! Vanished! So now I have to live with the knowledge that there may or may not be a slug in my house.

The plot thickens however when I was telling Marie at work this and she told me in one of her rental houses her tenants had been complaining about a slug infestation. She's done some research at the time - so I did some research too and lo and behold it's a common problem in the UK it seems! There were numerous pages of advice about how to get rid of them. Worse though was the descriptions some people had of their problem. Some were reporting finding several 4 inch slugs in their house each night. One had found their cat's food bowl teaming with them. EW! There might be something wrong with me because I find this extrememly gross - actually sickening. I would die if I found a 4 inch slug. Well maybe I wouldn't. I'm not sure where this extreme aversion came from (I'm not good with catepillars or worms either) but maybe from Under the Mountain, a book I read when I was a kid by Maurice Gee I think.

Anyway as for barley. I love barley. Barley makes everything better.

And also we're going to Egypt on Saturday! I have just been out buying "non figure hugging" clothing - as apparently all my clothes are too skanky for Egypt. :( Hehe although I do welcome the chance to buy new clothes - I had to shop at granny shops though to find ones that were covered up enough.

xxx
Mindy

No comments: