Having a Baby - Part 2 - 7 months on
Wo ho ho. Here we go. First an update on February's 7:
- The being a better housekeeper thing has definitely passed - my toilet needs cleaning - there is a bucket of reusable nappies that need washing in the laundry - I'm pretty sure we haven't vacuumed this week.
- Breastfeeding does get easier and can be pleasant but just when you think you've got it down bubby might start doing any of the following to make it not so pleasant again:
- Laughing at your exposed breast (it happens!)
- Coffee consumption is back to a reasonable level in my house again.
- I never forget to eat now :o)
- I still hide in the shower... everyone needs a nice noisey shower with a bathroom door you can close!
- No longer hear crying all the time two reasons:
- Baby can't be heard through three closed doors
- More importantly baby cries less now
- Unfortunately bubs is only slightly less dumb about sleeping.
- You start finding some things enjoyable that everyone else thinks are totally grotty. For example when bubs grabs a fist full or hair in each hand and yanks their face towards yours then with dribble flowing from their mouth they start sucking your chin. I know what you're thinking, you're thinking "Gross!". What me as a mother thinks "Aw baby kisses!" (I know I'm just delusional).
- Poo can be exciting. It can be a nightmare too. But the exciting poo is the poo you get to while it's all contained in the nappy and hasn't leaked out onto clothes/beddings/carpet - there is a sense of relief - "well we survived today's poo and don't need to worry about it again for hopefully at least 24 hours!". As bubs gets older thankfully more poo falls into that category.
- Thunder thighs aren't necessarily a bad thing - they can be downright gorgeous!
- No matter how much you promise yourself you will never be "one of those mums" you will. There is nothing you can do about it. You will find yourself grabbing the phone to ring everyone to tell them about your baby's great new trick - oh by the way did I mention how clever Joshua is (teehee) he can click his tongue - I'm pretty sure he's trying to speak Xhosa
- Sorry to keep up with the toilet theme but farts are funny. Baby farts are just cute, they are, they still stink but they're also hilarious so it makes up for it.
- Sleep isn't that important really. (Actually that's a big fat lie - unfortunately no matter how often I tell myself that it's still not true).
- Lastly - one just doesn't feel like enough...