Monday, August 23, 2010

Flu!

Hello World!

Well I'd intended to start back on the blogging wagon with a bit more momentum than I've mustered so far. I've still got hopes it'll pick up there's just been a few hiccups.

Firstly I've been doing late shifts at work so life has been FULL ON! We decided to use the opportunity for Darren to start building our deck so he has been working on that during the day. Basically from 7.45am - 2.45pm each day I got to play stay at home Mum (which is not a relaxing game, it is HARD WORK as all the stay at home Mums know!). To top it off I was also playing builder's apprentice, and also being errand doer for Darren fetching things like bolts, cement for various shops around town. Then at 2.45pm it was time to leave for work and I'd get home again at 11.15pm into bed where it took a good hour or so before my brain wound down enough after working to go to sleep.

Saturday night was the first time in the whole week Darren and I got to sit down together. We celebrated by watching Cop Out a Kevin Smith movie which was pretty good.

Anyway I think the late nights ran me down a bit much and on Saturday morning I started feeling a bit sniffly, by Saturday night I had full on flu symptoms and so Sunday was pretty miserable as was today. Thankfully Joshua isn't sick and I'm not sure whether there's even any point in me hoping he doesn't get sick or whether it's just inevitable. I hate to think how horrible this would be for him when I feel so rotten and I have the ability to at least understand why I am feeling the way I do.

I do actually I know a lot of wee babies who are sick so I feel bad for even feeling sorry for myself. Furthermore I really wonderful Due Dec lady I know is going through a really tough time at the moment, so much worse than just the flu and I hope she knows how much people care about her and love her!

Stay warm and healthy everyone!

:-)
Mindy

No comments: