Friday, April 25, 2008

No Subject

Hiya!

I just felt like blogging and I don't know what I'm going to write about yet so I didn't really know what to put as a title. Thus there is currently no title. Though I put no subject because that's like what emails say, which isn't really that funny. But not everything has to be funny.

Well today is my first ever Anzac day away from NZ, but then yesterday was my first ever April 24th away from NZ and tomorrow will be my first ever April 25th away from NZ. So well, I think I'll be ok. I bought a poppy to wear anyway, I'm not quite sure what the poppy was for as obviously they don't sell Anzac day poppies here, but I figured it would fit the purpose.

Do you wanna see the kaftan I knitted for my gorgeous wee niece Eloise? You do? Well ok then here it is...



And Darren tried it on to see how it fit...



And then I decided to knit something for my darling sister Claire so I made her this scarf...


And that's all. Now I'm knitting a baby cardigan also for Eloise. It's made out of pretty dusty rose wool, it's almost purple and it's the first time I've knitted with tiny wool and tiny needles so it takes a lot longer!

What else is news? Well I have a new desire to get into my French lessons I've been teaching myself. It's hard, but I'm being lazy too. What I'd learnt so far wasn't enough for me to say anything in French while I was in France, but I think it did enable me to understand a tiny bit more - I could grab certain words.

One thing I absolutely loved in the office we were in in Nancy was that each time someone arrived at the office they came around everyone and shook their hand and said bonjour. Even me and they had no idea who I was and why I was there. It was so nice. A lot of people also went round and said goodbye at the end of the day too! Very civilised I thought.

Darren put on this martial arts movie last night. Sometimes I don't like them much, as sometimes they are a bit short on interesting characters and plots, this one was not much different - but for some reason I really liked it! In fact I can't wait to watch the end of it tonight (I fell asleep - but that's because I was tired from travelling). It was called Showdown in Little Tokyo.

I can't actually wait to go to Japan either (there were Japanese people in the movie last night). I've been thinking maybe I should learn Japanese again. I say again even though I haven't really learnt it properly, but I did take it for two years in high school. I have a friend Michiko who could help me! I can't really remember any words but enu. Which means dog. Kawaii means cute I think too. And instead of saying knock knock they say kotsu kotsu. We had a song that the postman sang as he went round the neighbourhood I think saying "kotsu kotsu" as he knocked on the doors. Anyway the thing I liked about Japanese was it was easy to pronounce in that it was pronounced exactly as it was written, I'm not sure if there are any exceptions to that but I didn't come across any. Anyway I can still read most of the characters I learnt so I've got a small headstart in learning Japanese.

I think I will. I think I'll try and learn French and Japanese. It is very doubtful I'll get the two mixed up in my head. I should try and learn a word each day in French and Japanese. To cheat I'll make dog my first word as I already know that in Japanese. Ok just learnt it in French it is chien. Good done.

Ok well hope everyone is well! I'm missing my sisters a lot today. I think they need me. Or maybe I need them. But anyway I just have to do what I can from here.

:)
Mindy

1 comment:

LaraCroft said...

Why do I never really have much of a desire to go to Japan although I want to (and have done a bit) learn Japanese?