Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dave

Dave is my new best friend. I spend much of my day with Dave. Dave is a free view channel that shows about three programs over and over and over again. These are Top Gear (awesome!), Whose Line is it Anyway and Red Dwarf. I know what you're thinking. Awesome! It even shows the good old Whose Line is it Anyway, the old one with Clive Anderson. Whose Line is it Anyway was my absolute favourite program awhile back, when I was at uni I think.

Anyway yay for Dave. Also of note in my TV regime at the moment is Fresh Prince of Bel Air. It's just good because it's been so long since I saw it and it's such a strong tie to my childhood! That's not on Dave though that's on Virgin 1.

Ok so my life is a wee bit boring that I'm talking about TV... but well you are all the people reading about my sad life ;) Haha.

Oh something extremely exciting happened today. I got a whole bunch of packages descending on me at work. Darren and I had ordered two lots of DVDs (I won't mention that these were Star Trek DVDs as that would be embarassing) and these arrived, and my birthday present from Amy arrived! I had checked with her that I could open it (ie that my actual present was wrapped inside) and I could and I'm so glad I did. She was such a sweetie! She sent me four packets of Extra Drops, which are these sugar free lollies that I haven't seen here (though apparently you can get them, but not as commonly as in NZ!) and some delicious licorice. I've already had a piece, this is RJs licorice, I think it's widely regarded as the absolute best licorice in the world, ok maybe not widely regarded but I'm sure I'm not the only one who holds that opinion! Amy sent 3 packets on onion soup!! You know what that means! Three bowls of dip! Ok non New Zealanders won't get that at all, but that's their fault for not being New Zealanders, and they should just go and be a New Zealander like the best of us are! (Or they could probably just go to NZ and ask a NZer, or they could just ask me and I'd probably tell them).

Here's a tip for you all as well. Jonathan at work recommended the movie "Lars and the Real Girl" and so much do I value his opinion that I'm going to go ahead and recommend it before I've even seen it myself... but rest assured I will be watching it!

Hope everyone is well and happy :)

XOXOX

No comments: