Saturday, April 12, 2008

Just a couple of things

... to mention today. Nothing too exciting.

First I mentioned on Marc's blog and maybe even in a blog post here a while back that I thought it would be so much better if third part car insurance was compulsory in New Zealand (I think this was in agreement with him) - and lo and behold, an article in stuff about how the government is proposing compulsory third party insurance. So obviously I'm very happy with that.

Secondly did I say my computer got a virus two weeks ago? It was SUCH a pain, put me out of action for days at work! In addition to the virus I had a hard drive error so my computer got taken away on Thursday to be fixed. Nows for all I know I may have mentioned this in my last post, but I'm sorry I really can't be bothered going back to check. Anyway as I said my computer is geting a new hard drive at the moment, so I'll get it back Monday! Woo hoo! I miss it - we've never been separated for this long before ;) Hehe actually I wonder if that's true. No, it can't be, I've been away from it for long weekends before.

Thirdly (yes we're still keeping count) I was just checking the visitor activity on this blog. It is so astounding, my blog traffic has sky rocketed since I posted that picture of a baby tapir. I'm guessing this is because there must not be that many pictures of baby tapirs on the internet so when people search google images for baby tapirs they get my page! Honestly there is at least ten hits each day on the baby tapir image from a google image search. Marketing people should keep this in mind, if they want lots of traffic on their page, then consider adding a picture of a baby tapir.

Fourthly Darren and I watched the new Stargate movie last night. It was awesome. Because it was Stargate. I'd read some bad reviews on it, well not bad as such, but one review that said it wasn't even as good as two good episodes put together, but maybe that's just because Stargate is just so amazingly awesome to start with it would be impossible to be better than it already is. Anyway if you love Stargate you'll love it, if you don't love Stargate you won't. If you love the original Stargate movie but not the TV series then you won't like it either. Or in fact understand it at all - it really is just a conclusion to the series. Sob sob. But at least Sam is in Atlantis now.

Fifthly I finally finished the jersey I'm making (oops I've made) for Eloise! I would post a picture, but then it wouldn't be a surprise for her. As I know she regularly reads this blog.

Good night and thank you,

:)
Mindy

1 comment:

Working Title said...

Yay! Cross promotion!

And yes, you did mention it on your own blog, too ;-) I cannot find your insurance comment on my blog, though. I thought it was there, but it's not. Strange...

I agree, by the way. Insurance should really be compulsory.