Thursday, March 01, 2007

Cartoons

Ok so I'm going to have an 80s kids program night. It was going to be an 80s cartoon night, but I really want to get Fraggle Rock, and that's not a cartoon. I am very welcome to requests (especially if you think you might get invited to what is going to be a fantastic event), I am trying to make it non-gender specific as much as I really really really want to include Moon Dreamers I won't. So the story is I'm going to try and get my hands on as many of our old favourites as possible... probably the pilots, and have a bunch of people round and we can all be kids again! Kapeesh?

Following the underwhelming response to yesterday's snorks vs smurfs post (thanks for commenting Beth!) I'm not expecting much from everyone... but if you do read this just put in a vote! Even anonymously!

Oh and I'm thinking I won't include ones that are currently on TV, so this covers transformers and teenage mutant ninja turtles. I'm not sure if Danger Mouse is included with that because that was on about 2 years ago.

Trying to get (or already have)
  • Ducktales
  • Smurfs
  • Snorks
  • Scooby Doo
  • Danger Mouse
  • Denver the Last Dinosaur
  • Flintstones
  • Jetsons
  • Fraggle Rock
  • Jem
  • Muppet Babies
  • Wuzzles

Programs I loved/watched but won't include unless there is demand for them
  • Pound Puppies
  • Glo Friends
  • He-man and the Masters of the Universe
  • Rainbow Brite
  • Moon dreamers
  • Strawberry Shortcake
Ok let the reminiscing begin!

:)
Mindy

8 comments:

Unknown said...

The list looks pretty good. I am getting really excited about this. Im just hoping you wont make us dress up in '80s clothes. lol. My memory of what i used to watch as a kid is pretty bad but i seem to remember most of the ones on the list except the wuzzles. I do remember the Wombles however, although they weren't a cartoon.

Mindy said...

Oh yeah! I'm beginning to think I need a cartoon list and a non-cartoon list.

On the non-cartoon list will be:

Fraggle Rock
Wombles
Rainbow
Sooty and Sweep (is that the name of it)
And one about tea leaves... I think Kirsty knows the name of it.
Maybe the Muppets too.

Mindy said...

Oh! And Basil Brush

Unknown said...

oh yeah sooty and sweep.

Unknown said...

Hey i just thought i would give you my address. It is http://bcm1983mum.bebo.com

Check it out.

Unknown said...

I was just looking at a sooty and sweep website, it started as just sooty in 1952. In 1957 sweep was added, much later soo was added too. Then some other characters came along aswell. I will have to look it up on mums comp as the dial up will make it easier. Getting excited all over again. :)

Clairey Fairy said...

mindy said i had to comment, so here it is:

i remember fraggle rock and um the muppets and um the flinstones and kinda the jetsons.

that is all

Anonymous said...

I demand he-man