Sunday, February 25, 2007

Great Weekend!

Well I hope everyone has had a great weekend. Mine was!

It started off on Friday night watching The Wild at Beth's house. The movie was good but very similar to Madagascar. I still want to see over the hedge though, I've heard that one is very good. Also Beth made nachos. I love nachos, we have them all the time here, hers were extra special though as they had spinach AND mushrooms in. YUM! Thanks Beth.

Saturday I managed to watch two movie, The Medallion with Jackie Chan, which I thoroughly enjoyed, it met my expectations exactly (they weren't high expectations though). Then the Constant Gardener which was also great. Then Dad and I started building the steps outside our door. I'll keep a photo journal here so everyone can see our progress! So here's the first pic:


You'll notice how level and straight the posts are (that was me) and also how fantastically the concrete was shoveled into the hole (which incidentally I dug), that was me too!

Today we went to the QEII with Jessie again which was fun. Spent most of the morning there, then home again to work on the deck (Darren donated his expertise today too!) and I also cleaned out my car which was horribly dirty - mostly because Darren uses it as his work car so it had lots of mud and nails in it. I am so happy now it's tidy, though I realise it won't stay that way long.

Oh and I bought some new fish for my tank. 4 wee neons. Now I have 8. It's like a tiny army of them in my aquarium, they are a schooling fish and all hang out together so look really cool.

Ok that's it from me.

Hope you all have a good start to your week!!!!!

:)
Mindy

ps Did you hear the Red Hot Chili Peppers are coming to NZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked my nachos. They are a simple meal that I like to balance by putting in some veges, mushrooms are just nice. I couldn't be bothered doing much this afternoon (and I'm new to your website) so I have just spent the last hour and a half reading some of your old blogs. I especially liked the questions and answers. Some of those were very funny, You did very well answering them!
Have a good afternoon everyone.

Mindy said...

Hehe thanks Beth, did you see my retaliation? I don't know if it's still on their site but I wrote a bunch of questions for them to answer too! From memory they also did a pretty good job.

Mindy said...

Oh yeah I checked it's still there, on their site go to the ask us section, then select Mindy Marathon! :)

Unknown said...

ok I will go have a look. I just signed up to gmail. :)

Unknown said...

Well that was some interesting reading. I think i have now read the majority of what is on offer on their website. That is to say what my basic computer skills have led me to.
I know that you have known Darren for about 3 years and I am pleased that we have gotten closer recently.