Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pregnancy Musings...

Ok now it's pretty much all out in the open I can share with you some of the joys I've gone through in the last 19 months. Nah not really I don't want to whine :) But this blog probably will become more pregnancy oriented unsurprisingly.

One non-pregnancy issue I have is randomly placed condom wrappers (hehe this is like an anti-pregnancy musing). I went for a run yesterday and there was a condom wrapper on the footpath. Did someone desperately feel the need to get wild and go for it in the quiet suburb of Russley right in public view on the side of the road? A need so desperate it was indulged but the lucky couple very conscienciously used a condom? Baffling! I've been trying to think of less humourous but more realistic explanations but haven't got much... someone chucked it out the window, it fell out of someone's rubbish, a bird dropped it there!?

Ok so while I was running I was thinking how weird it is to be pregnant. How weird is it to be growing another whole person inside you. Although I don't forget I'm pregnant ever I do forget the reality of the situation that there is another person inside me. When we had the scan and there were measurements like 15cm, 10cm, etc coming up on screen it freaked me out. I can something that is 10cm, I could hold it in my hand etc Surely there isn't something that large inside me, this is all just fat from the chocolate biscuit supply at work that I've been frequently of late? Pregnancy was easier to comprehend at the embyro level now I can't get my head around if the baby wasn't inside me I would be able to see it and sit it on my desk and things (obviously I wouldn't do that but you know).

Strange stuff can happen when you're pregnant too. It's bizarre, like today I got my pregnancy exercise DVD in the mail so I decided instead of running to go home and lunchtime and try it out. The darndest thing happened though - I ended up driving to the mall and buying our baby not one but two full swimming outfits. I have decided to spend most of my maternity leave in Mum and Dad's pool and since I should probably be looking after the baby it will have to be in there with me :) It's going to get so cute and wrinkly from all the water!!

xx
Mindy

p.s. Still haven't looked at the pregnancy exercise dvd!

No comments: