Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Skydive

Well since I posted about Darren's birthday cake yesterday today I'll post about his birthday present (his birthday was AGES ago by the way - May 24th - I'm just running a bit behind). So anyway for his 30th birthday I got him a skydive! He loved it, and apparently I will love it too and I'm getting one for my 30th too - got three years to figure out how to get out of it.

Anyway it was out at Methven and it was just an amazing day. It was all foggy and cloudy in the city then as we got about half an hour out of Christchurch we sort of drove through the fog and the mountains looks amazing... I am so lucky to live here!

So onto some photos:
Darren in his sexy jumpsuit - he looks aprehensive but he wasn't really.

There he is up in the sky! You can't really tell but I promise it's him (at the time though I had no idea as I didn't know what colour his chute was I had to take photos of all the jumpers and it was only when he got close that we figured out which one he was).

Just about to land!

Safe and sound back on ground - although he wanted to go straight back up again! Beautiful mountains in the background too!

I have no idea what I'll post about tomorrow but I'm going to try and keep posting more regularly so check back! I did make up an awesome new cake I like to call a banaramel cake but I have no photos of that so that won't be very interesting. Oh I did find an awesome brownie recipe so I could post that - brownies don't need photos they just look like brown squares.

xx
Mindy

No comments: