Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wet Weekend

Hi Everyone!

It's really wet here. Not substantial big raindrops but it's been consistently drizzly for several days now! I think it drizzled everyday last week. And of course after the summer floods here people on the news are a bit nervous (other people might be too but I haven't spoken to them about it). We'll be nice and high and dry in our second floor apartment if that happens though! Though we may have to find somewhere drier for our car.

Anyway this was the first weekend in AGES that we didn't have people here or were away. We didn't actually just flop and do nothing like we were planning to. We went out into town both days (yesterday for some reason it was packed!) and looked at the shops. And went for a short run in the rain this morning. I almost got Darren to go for a walk with me yesterday too, we were just putting on our shoes then it occurred to me to go out onto the balcony and check if it was raining. It was, heavily, so we skipped it. I love walking around the lake after dark because there are just so many pretty lights!

I was really bored last night so today when we were out I looked for some art supplies. We're trying to save money now so I opted for a cheap-ish option and spent 5 pounds buying some pastels and a pastel pad. So I'm going to learn how to use pastels. My first surprise was that pastels that are not oil pastels are totally dry, like chalk. So this is going to be quite a learning experience for me. I've been looking up about it all on google and soon I think I'll be sufficiently prepared to actually put pastel to paper - maybe in a fortnight hehe. We'll see. I don't want to neglect my knitting, but knitting is something I like doing while I'm watching something, so if there's nothing I want to watch I don't really feel like knitting.

Speaking of knitting I started my sleeve for my jersey for the third time today. I did lots of it ages ago last year, then when I picked it up a week ago I couldn't figure out where I was up to in the pattern so rather than risk making a mistake I started again. Today I was very confused by the pattern as it looked like the sleeve was going to be twice as long as my arm but realised I'd made a mistake in reading it, so once again I started again. I won't be starting it again though! Well not till I get to the other arm.

And we had a lovely roast chicken for tea tonight. I'm not sufficiently confident in the kitchen that I'm still at the stage where I feel quite a sense of achievement by cooking a roast meal (even though it's dead easy). Though I did put vegemite in the gravy as I saw it on a cooking show last week, and I didn't much like it. I might try marmite next time ;)

I'm listening to REM at the moment, I really really really like REM even though I don't talk about them very much so I thought I would just say that now, so it's on the record.

:)
Mindy

No comments: