Friday, January 04, 2008

Fun times with Claire

Ok I haven't posted in ages, which makes it really hard to because there's just so much to write!

So I'm going to write the second half of what's happening as that's the easiest, then move to the first half.

Ok so Claire came for Christmas Day and we'll get to that in the next blog, I'll start off where everyone else left (we had people come stay for Christmas!) and it was just me and Claire and Darren again. So this is the 27th of December. Well that also happened to be my first day back at work but I did it in a sneaky way and worked from home. That worked out ok that day as Darren was an awesome brother in law and took Claire to the mall.

The next day wasn't much more exciting either though Darren didn't take Claire to the mall and to prevent Claire from driving Darren crazy I finished up work a couple of hours early (I made it up later in the weekend). Then Claire and I hit the outlet mall. So great to have a chick to go clothes shopping with! The outlet mall is really quite awesome. It has lots of shops, and a good mixture of cheap shops and more expensive label or designer stuff - and it's all discounted!

Saturday the 29th of December was the next day in my life. And I guess that was true for most people that the 29th came after the 28th. Anyway hmmm what did I do on Saturday... hm hm hm hm I can't remember, I'll have to ask Claire. Oh yeah! I remember! I asked Claire but remembered before she answered. We went to the market in the centre of town and did some more awesome shopping. Here's a pic of Claire at the market:



It was pretty cold outside at the market so we headed into the mall for... more shopping! Claire bought a cool pink top. And I was stoked because I finally bought a handbag. I'd been looking forever. If I remember correctly the search started in earnest in Melbourne and I've been scouring markets ever since. So the lucky bag was actually found in a shop... and I love it. It even matches my Christmas Dr Martens:



So I love having a handbag, later that day we went to the supermarket to buy things that ladies normally keep in their handbag (like pens and hand cream, and I already had lip stick and lip gloss). It's like I'm a proper lady now! When I go out I grab my handbag and I have everything I need. And when I get out of the car I can put my car keys in it, and well it's just so convenient and handy! Anyway so after the mall we drove home and Claire decided to take some silly photos while we were driving:



Ok so that's all I can handle writing for today. Don't worry I know I've still got Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday to go! (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday are not that exciting as I was back at work). Then after that I've still got before that to go.

Ok lots of love,
Mindy

No comments: