Monday, January 28, 2008

Lovely Day

It was an absolutely beautiful day in Doncaster today, made better still by the fact that I'm feeling a little better today - I've been feeling quite sick for the last 6 days. But I think I'm finally on the road to getting better. In fact I went for a lovely run tonight, it was really good. I think my muscles and everything are back I just need to get a bit fitter then I'll be back to where I was.

Also tonight I decided to learn about Afghanistan and Iraq and Sudan so I read about them on wikipedia and now I know a little more. This was prompted by me watching a bit on the news tonight about a school in Afghanistan. Turns out most of what I read was already in my head - I did know it all - but now I just know it properly. Also recently I read the book the Kite Runner part of which is set in Afghanistan. I would really recommend this book, it was a fantastic read, and pretty quick too - so if you're not used to reading it's not daunting at all.

Other new... well I like my new bebo skin so check it - I spent a long time choosing it!

I watched most of the third season of Weeds now. I really quite like that program, I think when it is on TV in NZ it's on Prime, so keep your eyes open for it.

Oh and I made a chocolate cake today and I'm quite impressed because I sort of made up the recipe - in that I found a recipe didn't have many of the ingredients so just guessed alternatives, and didn't really measure anything properly. But I've made enough chocolate cakes now to be able to tell from the batter if it's going to be a goodun or not. This one was pretty good but way to big for me and Daz... I would take some to work but I've iced it and it'll get all sticky and messy so I don't think I'll bother.

Darren and I are now watching the second season of Rome - probably a year after it was on TV - but anyway I'm quite enjoying it. For anyone who has watched it Titus Pullo is my favourite - I'm going to miss him when the season finishes.

There are some London youths on TV on a program and listening to them talk I'd swear they're not even speaking English - but they are! They really should consider giving them subtitles hehe. In slightly related news yesterday I had to ring our bank in New Zealand - it was so easy! I didn't have to repeat any words the lady on the other end understood everything I said! :) Hehe.

Love,
Mindy

No comments: