Monday, January 14, 2008

Homesick

Well I had a really homesick moment today. While we were packing up our hotel room we were watching a program on TV where each episode a British family gets presented with the kind of life they could have in NZ or Australia and at the end they have to decide whether to take it up and move, or whether to stay put. Well this episode was about a Welsh family considering a move to Nelson... and just hearing so many NZ accents, and seeing the schools, and the sea, and the boys playing rugby, and hearing the narrator mis-pronouce Marae made me miss NZ lots! To add insult to injury the stupid family decided to stay in Wales. Why? When you could live in Paradise?

I actually cried as I was walking down the street thinking about home. Though admittedly I may actually be a bit overly emotional today anyway as I cried a couple more times about very little.

Any I hope all the New Zealanders back in New Zealand reading this appreciate what they've got! Darren and I could quite happily go home tomorrow. But we won't :) Tomorrow we probably won't be homesick still anyway. Actually when I got to the supermarket after the flight arrived home to find my favourite diet coke was reduced from 37p to 18p for 2L that was almost enough to tip the scales in Donny's favour again.

:)
Mindy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We miss you too Mindy!!

Lyndy said...

ditto what Adam said :D

Anonymous said...

Same again, and I do really appreciate everything in New Zealand. Stone fruit(mmm Nectarines) is getting quite cheap now. Hugs and kisses to you both xoxo.

Anonymous said...

I miss you both very much.I love living around my family in NZ. xx