Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Weekend

Hi Everyone!

Well I had a fantastic weekend. It started off well, Darren and I watched the Da Vinci Code on Friday night. I liked it, but I liked the book so I knew I'd probably like the movie. Then Saturday morning I got up and went for a run, I decided to try three times round the block - been a while since I'd done that. So I went round twice, resisted the urge to head home after that, then on my third time round I saw Mum biking so she biked the last lap with me!

Then Saturday just got even better. Uma, Michiko and Rach came over, Uma was down from Wellington. It is always so nice to catch up with those people. I just always feel comfortable with them no matter how long it's been since the last time.

On Saturday night I was feeling sick so I didn't join Darren going to Dan and Jo's flat warming. I was a bit sad to miss it, but Claire came over and we had tea and watched Take the lead. So that turned out nicely.

Sunday I went for a bike ride in the morning. Then we went to QEII. It was so cool! I hadn't been there since it had changed (apart from on the triathlon, but I wasn't paying much attention to it then). And we went in the wave pool and the whirl pool and had an aqua jogging race and went in the sauna and the steam room (neither one I could stand, I felt like it was easier not to breathe as the air was so heavy, then I couldn't really hold my breathe my longer) and the spa pool. There were so many kids there! I think we were the only ones there without kids but never mind!

Ok that's all for now. Thanks to everyone who said they liked my haircut. I like it more now too.

:)
Mindy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for slow comment. I've just
finished the exam and decided to
make some comments. Yeah, this
weekend was awesome and other
weekend as well. It's always
good to have you guys:)