Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm going home!

At 3.45pm on Saturday the 20th of December... that's very soon. We arrive at 10.20am on NZ509 on the 22nd of December. For those not familar with the UK to NZ trip - that does make it seem like almost 48 hours or travelling and while it feels like this it's not quite that bad, part of the difference is because of the time difference between the UK and New Zealand. It's a long enough trip though. But I'm really looking forward to it! I can't wait to see what movies we're going to get and what food we're going to get. Hehe most of all I'm looking forward to arriving home. It's funny though as to get excited about something I have to picture it and I can't quite picture arriving home because I can't yet decide what I'm going to wear. But once I've decided what I'm going to wear I'll be able to picture and will be able to sleep again.

I haven't been sleeping very well. I think I'm excited. I might sleep tonight though as I'm really tired. Surprisingly though I'm not stressed just excited, I think almost everything is under control moving and packing wise.

So since getting back from Egypt I haven't been up to much exciting but got a couple of work parties coming up which will be fun! Also I have been doing some creative baking using up baking ingredients. First I made a delicious cake I can't remember what it was called and I didn't take any pictures so I'll make it again and document it better. My proudest achievement is making a Christmas cake without any flour. Oooh! That reminds me I need to go and "feed" it.

Ok back so basically my goal was to use up a bag of raisins I had, I also managed to use up my ground almonds, two bags of chopped mixed nuts, all my butter, mixed spice, rum essence, an my cherry brandy and a good portion of my cornflour. I'll also take some photos of it when I cut it and put the recipe. I don't think I'll ever make it again as it really was just an exercise in using up ingredients.

Tomorrow you can see my icing snowmen which is using up the rest of my ready to roll white icing.

:)
Mindy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, my flight leaves at 3:25pm, Saturday 20th!