Friday, December 05, 2008

Day 5 - Egypt

Well today we woke up on the Felucca. I woke up quite early and couldn't get back to sleep, mostly because I only had one thing on my mind - I'll give you a clue it starts with p and rhymes with the prounounciation of the letter. So to distract myself I looked over the side of the felucca and it was quite beautiful. Tiny little fishes swimming around, it was remarkably clear - I was surprised I couldn't see the torch I'd accidentally dropped over the side the night before.

Morning on the felucca.

Breakfast was delicious, all the food on the felucca was delicious - I think that may have also been because of where we were. Breakfast was similar to lunch, wholemeal pita, salty soft cheese, fig jam (yum!) boiled eggs. Lunch today was the same bread, cheese, cucumber, and yummy little sausages I think they were called kofta. Dinner again vegetable stew, rice, bread, and this time fried chicken which tastes so much like KFC but yummier.

Darren putting on a brave face.

The day today was spent cruising down the Nile, avoiding the sun, and sleeping a little bit too. In the evening we docked with a lot of other feluccas (just our group itself was 4 feluccas) and they thankfully erected a makeshift long drop. Then it was time to get the bonfire started and sing and dance around it accompanied by Nubian drumming.

Sunset on the Nile.


On a more serious note Darren began to get very sick, we're very worried it's his liver again and trying to decide whether to cut the trip short. We'll hopefully be able to make it to the end if he doesn't get any worse. My poor sick baby.

:)
Mindy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The letter P.

My god..that was the only thing occupying my mind the whole trip ahah.

Jenn =)