Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekly Update

I think I should do a weekly update from now on. This is to stop me going too long between posts.

Not that I guarantee I'll have anything exciting or even vaguely interesting to say.

This weekend was a quiet one - it was lovely though. We are having stunning weather here at the moment. Just beautiful. Really heavy frosts that get every leaf on each tree, that freeze our lake - but then such brilliant sunshine during the day. It just feels so nice walking around in the crisp air with the warm sun on your back. People in Christchurch will know what I'm talking about! Though the difference here is that the frosts don't defrost by the end of the day - the bits in the shade stay icy! I think that happened in Dunedin a bit but I haven't experienced that much in Christchurch.

Well Darren and I watched Beowulf in the weekend. It was odd. The movie was good-ish - but the animation caught our attention more than the actually movie did. And though some of the effects were absolutely brilliant there were times when I'd wished it was just a normal acted movie. Also I'm not quite sure what John Malkovich's character was there for - it was a bit odd - I love John Malkovich and he did a great job his character just confused me.

We've decided with Rach and Greg to go and visit Susannah and Cory in Leiden for Easter which will be very exciting. That's in the Netherlands. Could everyone please keep their fingers crossed that due to it being a reasonably mild winter the tulips will already be out for us to see :) I can't wait I feel it's about time for another trip and this one will be so fun getting to see our friends too!

Darren has started Wing Chung haha I actually don't know if that's what it's called but that's what I hear when he says it. It's a type of Kung Fu anyway. So that's good. And as part of my Valentines present he's said we can do dancing lessons.... I'm so excited about that! Thanks hunny :)

Write - now everyone go and write me a letter. You know you want to!

Love,
Mindy

1 comment:

Working Title said...

Haha! You shouldn't worry too much about not having anything exciting or even vaguely interesting to say... it never kept me from blogging ;-)