Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Casual Friday

I don't know if I was particularly not tired last night or whether I'm suffering from insomnia as I spend what felt like a good hour in bed after lights out trying to decide what I'd wear for casual clothes to work. As we wear pretty formal clothing here I did want to wear something a bit trendy and also a bit young (not to rub in the fact that I'm only 25 to everyone, but you know just to be young). So there were numerous debates in my head:

  • Is my denim mini skirt too slutty? (My tartan one definitely is)
  • Do I want to use this opportunity to promote the bands I like?
  • Would my mini skirt be better with 3/4 length black footless tights underneath?
  • Am I more concerned about comfort or looking good? (wearing trackpants did cross my mind)?
  • Would my ugg boots be ok for walking to work in (they came off very favourably in the debate as they are comfy and trendy!)
  • Is my playboy top too slutty - or too young?
  • Would I scare people if I wore my skull and crossbone earrings?
  • Were my jeans too scruffy?
  • Was my green DKNY top too boring?
  • Did I think I could find the nice gold necklace I bought when Claire was here?
After much agonising thought I decided on my tight long sleeved black top with my Stadium Arcadium (RHCP) t-shirt over the top, my denim mini skirt with 3/4 tights underneath, my ugg boots, and my black skull earrings.

As you can imagine making that decision was a relief.

Now all I need for us to have a casual Friday here at work one of these days!

Stayed tuned for tomorrow's installment of Mindy's insanity: "Who I would thank on the imaginary album cover of the imaginary CD that I'm putting out".

But before you go, here is a picture I took on my way to work of a leaf and rime - stayed tuned tomorrow to find out what Rime is (or look it up if you can't be bothered waiting!).



:)
Mindy

No comments: