Monday, June 11, 2007

Engagement Party

Hi Everyone!

We had our engagement party on Saturday night! It was SO fun! Thank you so so so so so much to everyone who came it meant so much to Darren and I to see you there. And to those who were out of town we were thinking of you, we didn't invite out of towners as we wanted to keep it very casual and not too big didn't want people to have to travel, but we were thinking of all our out of town friends too :)

But anyway it was such a lovely night, and our families got together for the first time which was great too. Well Darren's mum and sister had met my parents, but I got to meet Darren's Auntie, and see his Dad and Grandma again... fantastic.

Unfortunately we remembered late into the night to start taking pictures, but Claire did a fantastic job and almost got pictures of everyone which was great! Oh thanks so much to Claire for doing a great job talking to people, handing things round, and taking the photos, a huge thanks to Mum for organising the whole thing and making such delicious food, and to Auntie Anne for helping her, and to Amy as well for making a huge effort with the food, and to my Dad for setting everything up and making a little speech.

Anyway here's some photos


Nick with Adam who managed to completely obscure Natalie!





This is me and Darren and our Grandmas. We've both only got one Grandparent left :( Isn't that sad, but I guess it would be more sad if there were none! My Gran is so lovely though so I don't mind too much.




This is people watching Darren's funny speech: My Uncle Peter, Sally, Darren's Mum, my Uncle David, Jeremy, Charlotte and John.




Lara, Fraser, Nick and Kirsty.




Rach, Greg, Mike, Charmain and Michiko.




Me Claire and Lara. This one is here mostly because I thought Claire might throw a stink if there were no pics of her hehe. Just kidding.

That's just a few photos, not everyone there but some of the important people. (Not all though as didn't get pics of Amy, Beth etc). If anyone wants their photo removed I'm quite happy to do that :) But I thought everyone looked lovely anyway.

:)
Mindy

No comments: