Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Surprise!!!

I think it's an extremely talented person who is able to surprise themselves. And I'm not talking a "I did really well in that test/race/game I totally surprised myself" I'm talking proper surprise like "Surprise! I've got a paid for holiday in Auckland for you this weekend!" I think if you can surprise yourself in that way that's really special. And guess what... that's what I did! I opened my diary yesterday and flipped to Friday to write something in... and lo and behold it said "going to Auckland". And so I got a huge surprise. This was because months and months ago I booked a trip to Auckland when the fares were cheap and then totally forgot about it. So now I'm all excited because I've got a totally unexpected trip to Auckland, plus I paid for it ages ago! Luckily my wonderful friend Lara who I am going to visit is much more on the ball than me and she didn't forget so she is actually going to be in town this weekend!



This is a picture of a plane. Because that's how I'm going to get to Auckland, and I like to include wee pictures that are vaguely related to my story. Oh and a big sorry to Claire who I was going to go on a picnic with this weekend and now I have to cancel.

Very briefly my other news is I am now at 48 words per minute on Dvorak. I've started running again. And my car is quite sick... sometimes it just randomly won't start and it's unrelated to time of the day or weather conditions.

Ok have a great day!

Bye!
Mindy

1 comment:

LaraCroft said...

Hi Min!!!

I'm back!!! I have time to read your blog! And now I'm going to bed. But I get to see you in two days so that's so exciting. And of course I didn't forget. I think about your visit all the time ;)

On other news, I just downloaded Firepower, this old dos game I used to love when I was little. It's still pretty cool but too fast for me to control now with my super duper computer, so it's pretty hard to win. I press the keys as lightly as possible and still end up running into things all the time.

And, work is SO BUSY everyone. But interesting and at least the day goes fast. I just wish I could finish more things on time..... but I try my best.

And netball was fun tonight.

Remember learning at primary school not to start sentences with 'And' ?